suunto movestick mini and mac

chris karakatsanis

May 15, 2018, 3:51:16 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello, I am trying to use the "train" feature on my mac.
My setup is the suunto movestick mini and the new vortex smart trainer. Although everything runs smoothly on zwift using the movestick ant+ connection, I cant connect anything on golden cheetah, not even the HR. it seems like it doesnt see the ant+ connections at all.. what can I do?

thanks

TJDunnigan

May 15, 2018, 11:49:11 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello Chris,

I have used GC (3.4 & Development versions to current) for over a year with a Mac, Suunto mini and Vortex Smart.

One must be certain that no other application is attached to the Vortex before searching for it with GC. Close all bluetooth connections (Garmin, Tacx, etc) as well as any application that might be attached to your ANT devices. Your mini must be within reasonable distance of your ANT devices.

You can verify that your Mac is using the Suunto mini by choosing "About this Mac", then "System Report", then "USB Hardware".

chris karakatsanis

May 16, 2018, 3:36:20 AM5/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks for the reply. I have already made sure that no other connection is on with the vortex, and the suunto is connected ont the usb prefs. As i said, it cant detect anything apart fron the vortex, my hr strap or my power meter. Thats why i think its a usb ant+ problem with the suunto

Mike

May 20, 2018, 9:02:03 AM5/20/18
to golden-cheetah-users
IIRC you also need to close all apps which use the ANT+ device on your mac.
Make sure garmin connect/zwift/nothing else is open as they will block GC from being able to access the device