Chart share now in v4

Mark Liversedge

May 28, 2016, 2:32:32 PM5/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

BIG PROPS TO JOERN !

He has just implemented a chart database using cloud DB that can be used to share any GC chart.
Where previously it was related to metric charts only, its now been extended to enable us to share all charts.

We will take time to populate it with all the standard charts and interesting ones from over the years.
Clearly, R charts are going to be a big deal (you won't need to understand R to use them!).

This is a thrilling update, and we're now looking at using the cloud db (google app engine) to collect raw data to support machine learning, advanced analytics, model development and validatation as well as research -- your chance to give something back !!

Exciting times ...

Mark

massarob.info

May 28, 2016, 3:13:34 PM5/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
another big step!!!

Exciting times ...

indeed!

Chris Cleeland

May 28, 2016, 11:36:24 PM5/28/16
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users
Is this in GitHub on master?

Chris Cleeland

Mark Liversedge

May 29, 2016, 4:33:51 AM5/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users, liver...@gmail.com
On Sunday, 29 May 2016 04:36:24 UTC+1, Chris Cleeland wrote:
Is this in GitHub on master?

Yes.

It requires an auth/client key that we are not publishing. So you can't build it yourself sadly.
There are cost implications related to calling the GAE instance that we need to manage.

Mark

Mick Drake

Jul 13, 2016, 5:47:19 PM7/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users, liver...@gmail.com
Hi Mark
just installed the latest dev build and looking at "R", should I be able to access these charts... when I look at the charts it shows my charts box ticked and greyed out, Obviously I dont have any so nothing to see.
I and assumed I would see the already shared charts.
Thanks for all everyone's enthusiastic work..
Mick

Mark Liversedge

Jul 14, 2016, 6:09:04 AM7/14/16
to golden-cheetah-users, liver...@gmail.com
Not sure what you are asking.

If you want to download/upload charts you need to select that from the hamburger menu.

Then you can select charts to download (choose from curated or uncurated charts)

R charts are just another kind of chart like the ride plot, histogram, aerolab etc.

Mark

Mick Drake

Jul 18, 2016, 3:25:32 AM7/18/16
to golden-cheetah-users