File location of created route segments

Nigel Van de Velde

Aug 31, 2015, 3:11:15 PM8/31/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

Yesterday my computer crashed while I was creating some route segments. I installed my hard drive into an old laptop and was surprised to see that all the route segments created before yesterday, seem to have disappeared... As I am using dropbox I might still be able to restore the route segments to a previous version. Can somebody tell me where these data are stored? I amusing GC 3.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Nigel

Claus Assmann

Aug 31, 2015, 3:14:36 PM8/31/15
to Nigel Van de Velde, golden-cheetah-users
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015, Nigel Van de Velde wrote:

> route segments to a previous version. Can somebody tell me where these data
> are stored? I amusing GC 3.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.

On my system they seem to be in

~/.goldencheetah/$ATHLETE/config/routes.xml
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that probably depends on your OS?

PS: if you create route segments from intervals, do they match
exactly? For me the created route is always shorter than the
interval and I'm wondering whether that's just a result of the way
this is implemented.

Nigel Van de Velde

Sep 1, 2015, 4:59:05 PM9/1/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks, I was able to restore an older version this way!

Created segments indeed do vary a little bit from the original... Playing around with the length of the original interval can help to get it just right. Maybe one day we will be able to edit created route segments directly in a later version.

Kind regards,

Nigel