Import of PM5 concept 2data

Mick Drake

Sep 27, 2016, 8:03:23 AM9/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi just bought a PM5 concept 2 rowing monitor and wonder if the file export stucture has been catered for in GC
I had a PM2 which has stopped working and had no export capability
I have searched the forum and come up blank
It says in their literature it will export to CSV
Thanks

Mark Liversedge

Sep 27, 2016, 10:25:02 AM9/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users
If you have a PM5 file or three send them through and I will add support. liver...@gmail.com
I have an old model C and want to avoid upgrading the PM to a PM5 as I'm stingy !

I will likely map to the same xdata names as the Row Perfect support that was added recently (or at least where it makes sense to).

Mark

Mick Drake

Sep 27, 2016, 10:33:48 AM9/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark
I'm stingy as well but the PM2 is not functioning so had to do something ??? Not a bad price direct from Concept... compared to eBay used items .....
Will get sone off to you when it's delivered thank you
Mick
Message has been deleted

Mick Drake

Oct 5, 2016, 3:41:56 AM10/5/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark I have sent the files let me know if you need any more
Thanks
Muck

Mark Liversedge

Oct 5, 2016, 4:38:07 AM10/5/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 08:41:56 UTC+1, Mick Drake wrote:
Hi Mark I have sent the files let me know if you need any more

Thanks Mick,

I'm going to add support in time for 3.4, since we already have Row Perfect and should support the mighty C2 at the same time.

Mark

Mark Liversedge

Oct 5, 2016, 5:48:09 AM10/5/16
to golden-cheetah-users
The data from the basic PM5 download isn't great (its summary only).

I've ordered a PM5 upgrade for my tired old model C and will play with it ... might see if we can support it in train view, since it supports ANT+ and then look at RowPro to get sample by sample data.

Mark

Mark Liversedge

Oct 8, 2016, 4:47:01 AM10/8/16
to golden-cheetah-users
It arrived and after some initial trials It looks like the PM5 wants to use ANT-FS for pairing, this is a ballache since we don't support ANT-FS in our stack.

Will look at RowPro via USB...

Mark

Mark Liversedge

Oct 8, 2016, 5:15:07 AM10/8/16
to golden-cheetah-users

Mick Drake

Oct 10, 2016, 5:46:08 AM10/10/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Thought I replied to this yesterday .... but seems to be gone .. thanks for trying ..

Mick Drake

Oct 13, 2016, 3:12:53 AM10/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark
I have been looking at RowPro.... this may be a way forward but seems a bit like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.....
I'm happy to try it do you think porting from that would be easier ?
A little frustrated but we are just adding activities manually

Mark Liversedge

Oct 14, 2016, 2:36:47 AM10/14/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Happy to look at other software that actually collects the sample by sample data.

What do you suggest?

Mark

Mick Drake

Oct 14, 2016, 2:32:51 PM10/14/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark
I will buy Row Pro and get some data to you
www.digitalrowing.com
It looks like it should have the data but not sure about exporting it
Mick

Mark Liversedge

Oct 14, 2016, 3:35:53 PM10/14/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Nooooooooooo! I have it on trial so you don't need to :)

Mick Drake

Oct 16, 2016, 8:36:48 AM10/16/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Good afternoon

Thank you and good luck.

If you need any test data I could also try the free trial....... Susan and I could generate some data ;)

Mick Drake

Oct 29, 2016, 4:34:59 PM10/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark
any joy... not hassling but interested to see how it is going (if it is)
Thanks
Mick

Mark Liversedge

Oct 29, 2016, 5:06:51 PM10/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I went to record a row this morning and found my eval licence expired !
I was able to row, but can't export to CSV.

Got a sample?

Embarrassed,
Mark

Mick Drake

Oct 29, 2016, 5:14:33 PM10/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark
will download the trial version and get Susan rowing ;)... will get some sample data to you after she has sweat for a while
Cheers
Mick

Mick Drake

Oct 29, 2016, 5:23:19 PM10/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark I am happy to buy the full version (they have offered me a decent discount) if it benefits the GC "Community"  Can then get as much data as you could possibly want ?

Mark Liversedge

Oct 29, 2016, 5:42:51 PM10/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Nah, I'm more likely to get it to work in train mode next year.
A sample file is all I need.

Mark

Mick Drake

Oct 29, 2016, 5:53:34 PM10/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Ok will download the trial tomorrow and get some data

Mick Drake

Oct 30, 2016, 5:44:12 AM10/30/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Have the trial version and done a sort row... no obvious "export" option.  It does allow to output to crystal reports?

Mick Drake

Oct 31, 2016, 10:14:37 AM10/31/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark all export options are greyed out in the trial version ......
So sadly no file without purchasing 😫

Mark Liversedge

Oct 31, 2016, 10:20:32 AM10/31/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Poo.

Lets not bother. I'll come back to the PM5 in V4.0
One upside to getting a PM5 is I've started using my C2 again :)

Mark

Mick Drake

Oct 31, 2016, 10:52:49 AM10/31/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks for the prompt reply and I agree with you about the upside in that I'm using the C2 again
Poking about on the C2 site I see they have ergdata.... that seems to capture more data and is a free iOS App. They also have a software development kit for download
Will keep an eye open for new GC support....
Thank you for taking a look ...

Boris Lewandowski

Nov 7, 2016, 5:25:08 AM11/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
@Mick

Is this still an actual topic for you? If yes… I can suggest a working solution (for PM4 and PM5), but you'll need a specific garmin watch – it then works with Row- and SkiErgs.

Cheers,
Boris

Callum Arnold

Nov 27, 2016, 7:57:04 PM11/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Have a look at a Chrome extension called Painsled. It's free, and the best I've come across for recording all erg data (inc. HR if linked up). You can export everything as a single TCX file.

Mark - I know this may be a little out of the bounds of what GC is aimed at, but is there any chance a dev build could use this data to map an average of force curves? I have written a few VBA scripts that do this in excel, but it's a bit of a pain to use as my excel skills are too limited to make it fully automated, and it'd be nice to have all the data in GC.

Thanks,
Callum

tigg...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2016, 4:09:22 PM12/26/16
to golden-cheetah-users
There's now a Connect IQ app for many of the Garmin devices that's in Beta at the moment.  It still needs a bit of work but I managed to use it with a 920XT and download the file into Golden Cheetah.

mailzu...@googlemail.com

May 24, 2021, 10:57:40 AM5/24/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Boris,
I have a Waterrower but also a Garmin Forerunner 235 on which I can install RowErgIQ.
But what do I do after that? I mean obviously I import the recording from my watch to GC but how do I analyse the data, which has other characteristic values like strokerate. Also the powert I can do is very differnt in each sport. Don't I need some kinde of rowing specific viewing sheet or even algorithm?

Thanks, Tanja

Mark Liversedge

May 24, 2021, 11:21:23 AM5/24/21
to golden-cheetah-users
All rowing specific data is imported and available as XDATA. From there you can build charts etc.
Mostly tho I have seen people using power data from erg sessions to model with CP

Mark