GC 3.4 FE-C Channel Support

Mark McCain

Jan 22, 2018, 3:58:06 PM1/22/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I have GC 3.4 installed on a Windows 10 machine and connecting through a Garmin ANT+ stick.  All the programs that capture the ANT stick are disabled when GC is running.  I have been using GC for years, so I'm familiar with the program.

Until recently I was using GC on a dumb trainer.  Data was being provided by a Quarq Riken, a Scoche HRM, and a wheel mounted speed sensor.  All was working great.

I now have a Cyclops Magnus.  I removed the wheel speed sensor, deleted the parameters file in training mode, and created a new one.  GC found the trainer (and the Quarq that I manually disabled) but could not find an FE-C channel after I manually set one of the channels to look for it.  It searches forever, best I can tell.  When I run any training program it displays power and speed (correctly), but no trainer control.  It is functioning as a dumb trainer with a power meter built in.

I feel like there is probably something simple I'm missing but I can't seem to figure it out.  My wife is using the same trainer with Cyclops software (Rouvy) and it controls the trainer like a champ, so I know the trainer is working and the channel is open.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark Liversedge

Jan 22, 2018, 4:04:23 PM1/22/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting here, if this doesn't help then I'm sure someone else will chime in, there are a few folks using FE-C trainers with GC.
https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/ANT--and-BTLE-Troubleshooting

CHEERS

Mark

Fest Freddy

Jan 25, 2018, 2:19:00 AM1/25/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Same issue with an Elite Direto.
Speed and power is OK, but no control, no reaction in ERG mode or when I manually adjust power.
Same combo (Direto, Suunto Movestick mini and Windows 10 laptop) is working with other programs like the Elite software, ERG Video, Maximum Trainer.

Fest Freddy

Jan 26, 2018, 3:09:24 AM1/26/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I installed GC 3.5 test version and manual ERG seams to work.
Wil do some testing the following days.
Hope this is a solution.

Mark McCain

Feb 2, 2018, 1:24:28 PM2/2/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I never got mine to work, and now after much screwing around with GC it won't see any ANT device.  It just searches and searches.  I tried to delete the device file but when I do GC crashes every time, and when it restarts the old file (that used to work for my power meter) is still there.  I'm going to delete it and install 3.5 tonight and see what happens.

Jordan Stanway

Feb 6, 2018, 9:09:24 PM2/6/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Had the same problem with a Direto yesterday, even with BT disabled on my phone. I'll try v3.5 in the next couple days since it sounds like that worked for you.

Fest Freddy

Feb 7, 2018, 10:37:40 AM2/7/18
to golden-cheetah-users
For me the Direto is working fine with GC 3.5.

Jordan Stanway

May 23, 2018, 8:21:51 PM5/23/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Forgot to come back and comment.

v3.5-DEV1802 on Windows 10 has been working with the Direto via FE-C for me for the past couple months using a USB-m ant+ stick.