Downloading stages data not working

Johnny Hudson

Feb 1, 2016, 2:22:45 AM2/1/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I am very new to GC.  Right now, I have been doing a spin class at my local gym on a bike with a stages power meter.  I am not sure of the type of head unit, but I download the data to a USB, which saves to a excel format.  I can download this into training peaks no problem, but I cannot download it to GC (says error:  missing data).

Currently, I download the file to training peaks, then sync with WKO 4 (since I am not a prem user), then save the file from WKO 4 and upload that to GC.  This is a problem since I am using the trial version of WKO 4, and plan on letting it expire as GC seems like a much better program, especially for the $$$.

Thoughts???

Mark Liversedge

Feb 1, 2016, 2:29:10 AM2/1/16
to golden-cheetah-users
You upload an excel file to trainingpeaks?

Mark

Luther Gulseth

Feb 5, 2016, 5:46:07 PM2/5/16
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users
Could it be a *.csv file? It would be automatically opened by Excel in Windows....

In Christ crucified,
Luther

Johnny Hudson

Feb 13, 2016, 2:22:20 PM2/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Yea, it is a CSV file (it just opens in excel).  Anyhow, it is a stages file, does anybody ever download a stages file in CSV format to GC, it stops downloading and says:  "Error - insufficient data in file"
Message has been deleted

Scott Z

Feb 13, 2016, 2:34:12 PM2/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I am new to GC also.

Not sure if this is your solution or not - but when downloading from Strava in CSV, i seen the same thing  (error:  missing data).
I had to download in TCX by adding (/export_TCX)
Are you from Chicago area?

Scott Z

Feb 13, 2016, 5:18:27 PM2/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Are you saving to Garmin?

Magnus Gille

Feb 13, 2016, 9:04:00 PM2/13/16
to Johnny Hudson, golden-cheetah-users
Johnny,

Can you email me a CSV file you're trying to import and include some basics like ride time distance and if you know if average power?

Fixing the .csv importer shouldn't be rocket science.

Guido Janssen

Aug 5, 2016, 1:52:02 PM8/5/16
to golden-cheetah-users, hudso...@gmail.com
Hello,

I was wondering if this issue was solved or not. I run into the same problem. The CSV file that the stages spinning bike generates gives the error - insufficient valid data in file message when I'm trying to import it in GC. I tried to modify the header of the file to see if I could change it such a way that GC would take it but without success. I've attached an example file.

Thanks

Op zondag 14 februari 2016 03:04:00 UTC+1 schreef Magnus:
STAGES02.CSV

Mark Liversedge

Aug 5, 2016, 2:25:56 PM8/5/16
to golden-cheetah-users, hudso...@gmail.com
You modified the header?

From "Stages Data" to "Stages_Data" ?

Note this file has multiple recordings which is not supported at this time, just one recording per file.

Mark

Guido Janssen

Aug 5, 2016, 4:17:28 PM8/5/16
to golden-cheetah-users, hudso...@gmail.com
I didn't modify the header. This was the original file that was generated by the bike. When I removed the _ from the header and the multiple recordings, GC understood the file. However, there is still one issue. Apparently the bike counts only in minutes and not in hours. So when the recording is over 60 minutes, GC doesn't understand 61, 62 etc. minutes and gives strange results. Is there a way to fix that? For files up to 60 minutes it works perfectly!

Cheers, Guido

Mark Liversedge

Aug 5, 2016, 5:13:39 PM8/5/16
to golden-cheetah-users, hudso...@gmail.com
The time format is broken - will look at a fix.

Mark

Steve Mansfield

Nov 28, 2016, 2:14:53 AM11/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users, hudso...@gmail.com
Would this also explain why an activity that is exported from GC into CSV format doesn't re-import - same error?

Nigel Marsland

Jan 16, 2017, 1:01:30 PM1/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users, hudso...@gmail.com
Hi,

Was there any further update to this, I'm also trying to import a stages.csv file and I am hitting the same issue once the time goes above 60 minutes.

Cheers,

Nigel

Guido Janssen

Jan 17, 2017, 12:50:24 PM1/17/17
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nigel,

Not that I'm aware of. Last week I installed the latest version but the issue is still there. I hope there will be a fix soon. Till that time the max cycling time is 59min 59sec ;)

Cheers, Guido

Mark Liversedge

Jan 18, 2017, 2:36:13 AM1/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 17 January 2017 17:50:24 UTC, Guido Janssen wrote:

Hi Nigel,

Not that I'm aware of. Last week I installed the latest version but the issue is still there. I hope there will be a fix soon. Till that time the max cycling time is 59min 59sec ;)

Cheers, Guido

I've got a file from Guido and its clear that the timestamps are poorly formatted.
After 1 hr the minutes keep increasing, so timestamps are in the format:

M:SS

Where Minutes starts at 0 and never switches over to the hour, so timestamps like 140:12 are in there for what really should be 2:20:12.

Mark

Mark Liversedge

Jan 18, 2017, 3:25:52 AM1/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I've pushed a fix, it will be in the next development build.

Mark

sachar...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2017, 1:10:31 PM2/27/17
to golden-cheetah-users, hudso...@gmail.com
What does it mean that you removed multiple recordings?

Mostafa Mossaad

Aug 3, 2017, 7:52:14 AM8/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark, team,
I'm still getting the insufficient data error. Two CSV files from Stages. One under 59 minutes and one over 59 minutes. Can you please help?