Training based on HR

SirLouen

Dec 11, 2017, 1:01:33 PM12/11/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I don't currently have a power meter but I would like to use HR based training with golden cheetah like this one:

But I'm not sure if this is possible but looking at the charts available I only see power-based training.

Any suggestions?

Theo

Dec 11, 2017, 4:33:34 PM12/11/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello,

Under the trends tab there's a chart that plots TRIMP, Banister's training impulse. It will use your heart rate data to produce a PMC. While most agree that it isn't as good as power at recording and managing training stress, because of the comparative limitations of HR, it's much better than just going by feel.

SirLouen

Dec 12, 2017, 2:24:26 AM12/12/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello

I see this TRIMP chart: The thing is that what I was looking for, is a mechanism to follow up during the training session. Like the one with power that already exists: A chart that helps me know during the training session how i'm performing in comparison to a HR position and plots my HR graph during the time of the training. Essentially the same as the power chart but with HR.

Regards