Chart power-HR only last minutes of interval

Potuz

Mar 7, 2018, 6:48:45 AM3/7/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello, I'd like to plot a point for each interval with power higher than A Watts and length higher than B minutes the average power vs the average heartrate for the last C minutes. Is this possible? would I need to compile with R support? perhaps with CouldDB support and try to grab an existing chart? I'm sorry for the naive question I never used neither R nor CloudDB.

Best,

R.

signature.asc

Ale Martinez

Mar 8, 2018, 8:08:22 AM3/8/18
to golden-cheetah-users
El miércoles, 7 de marzo de 2018, 8:48:45 (UTC-3), Potuz escribió:
Hello, I'd like to plot a point for each interval with power higher than A Watts and length higher than B minutes the average power vs the average heartrate for the last C minutes. Is this possible?
The special case when B=C could be done using season.intervals in R or seasonIntervals in Python, for the general case a solution could be to add a custom metric to compute average power to average heart rate ratio for the last C minutes and then use it in the previous solution.

would I need to compile with R support? perhaps with CouldDB support and try to grab an existing chart? I'm sorry for the naive question I never used neither R nor CloudDB.
R or Python would work, I don't think there is a ready to use chart for this in the CloudDB, but you can look for yourself.

Potuz

Mar 8, 2018, 8:16:52 AM3/8/18
to golden-cheetah-users
On Mar 08, Ale Martinez wrote:
>El miércoles, 7 de marzo de 2018, 8:48:45 (UTC-3), Potuz escribió:
>
> Hello, I'd like to plot a point for each interval with power higher than A
> Watts and length higher than B minutes the average power vs the average
> heartrate for the last C minutes. Is this possible?
>
>The special case when B=C could be done using season.intervals in R or
>seasonIntervals in Python, for the general case a solution could be to add a
>custom metric to compute average power to average heart rate ratio for the last
>C minutes and then use it in the previous solution.

Thanks, I'll take a look. My system has already Python so I suppose it shouldn't take much to compile it with Python support. I've never added this sort of custom metrics, but it seems to me that it would take a toll on the CPU and loadtime I suppose.

I'm having trouble to estimate Areobic decoupling from instantaneous HR-PWR plots. Doing it from averages also does not seem to be a right measure since on an interval the HR looks more as a log while PWR would be essentially constant. I guess that over an interval of 8'-20' it's a big difference taking average HR after the plateau than from the beginning.

Cheers,

R.

> would I need to compile with R support? perhaps with CouldDB support and
> try to grab an existing chart? I'm sorry for the naive question I never
> used neither R nor CloudDB.
>
>R or Python would work, I don't think there is a ready to use chart for this in
>the CloudDB, but you can look for yourself.
>
>--

>[1] http://groups.google.com/group/golden-cheetah-users?hl=en
>[2] mailto:golden-cheetah-u...@googlegroups.com
>[3] https://groups.google.com/d/optout

signature.asc

Ale Martinez

Mar 8, 2018, 12:11:11 PM3/8/18
to golden-cheetah-users
For the duration Aerobic Decoupling is intended to be used such effect is minimum, see https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/aerobic-endurance-and-decoupling/

Potuz

Mar 11, 2018, 3:40:57 PM3/11/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Perhaps I shouldn't call it Aerobic Decoupling cause that might even be a trademark of TP :-), but I find that measure there not really controlled as many factors can influence HR during a long ride besides fatigue: (de) hydration, intensity of the first half, etc...

I think measuring the power output at a given heartrate is a good indicator of fitness but for controlled intervals in the Z4-Z5 range (at least I'm consistently getting better during the season in this metric, and consistently getting worse after vacations).

But the chart of HR vs Power in GC (or WKO for that matter) I can't really extract much info from it as the points scatter wildly.

Cheers,

R.

On Mar 08, Ale Martinez wrote:
>For the duration Aerobic Decoupling is intended to be used such effect is minimum, see https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/aerobic-endurance-and-decoupling/
>
>--

signature.asc

Ale Martinez

Mar 11, 2018, 5:41:09 PM3/11/18
to golden-cheetah-users
El domingo, 11 de marzo de 2018, 16:40:57 (UTC-3), Potuz escribió:
I think measuring the power output at a given heartrate is a good indicator of fitness but for controlled intervals in the Z4-Z5 range (at least I'm consistently getting better during the season in this metric, and consistently getting worse after vacations).

But the chart of HR vs Power in GC (or WKO for that matter) I can't really extract much info from it as the points scatter wildly.
In GC you can use season.intervals in R or seasonIntervals in Python to create a chart for Average Power vs Average HR for those controlled intervals, if you like prefer that approach.