COOL: Crowdsourcing for a field study

Mark Liversedge

Oct 3, 2017, 4:39:35 AM10/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

We have been working for quite some time with James Hopker at Kent University to get a crowdsourced study started -- using members of the GoldenCheetah user community to provide data. This is your chance to give something back, collaborating via the internet. It's hoped that eventually we will get a lot of high quality data.

The study will start in earnest in the New Year, but over the next 3 months we're looking to get people signed up and resolve any teething troubles with the study protocol and sharing data via Google Drive from GoldenCheetah.

The goal of the study is to explore the relationship between training and adaptation. Attached is a flyer written by James, please reply directly to him if you are interested in participating. Note that you will need to have 3 years training experience, will need to share via Google Drive (special Kent specific integration is built in to GC 3.5 1710) and will need to conduct a self administered test on a regular basis.

Please, if you can, support this as it is a world first and your chance to impact not only the way such studies are performed in the future, but also to make a real contribution to cycling science!

THANKS

Mark
Flyer.pdf

Daniele Marrama Saccente

Jan 12, 2018, 3:04:13 AM1/12/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I am collaborating and I am proud to help science.
Daniele

Mark Liversedge

Jan 12, 2018, 5:19:19 AM1/12/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Excellent.

I am also looking at a way for users to contribute aggregate data (e.g. Metrics) of their training and racing history to an open database of workout data.
One application I'm curious to explore is estimating power based metrics from non-power data using ML (amongst other things).

What this space !
Message has been deleted