VO2 scores by Alan Couzens

Martin Wifling

Mar 23, 2015, 11:47:54 AM3/23/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
A few weeks ago, Damian Ruse did a very intereisting interview with Alan Couzens on semiprocycling.com (beside this one and the wattage forum, one of my favorite resources), which is available here:
http://semiprocycling.com/benchmark

Alan Couzins suggests to benchmark endurance performance by VO2 scores:
http://www.endurancecorner.com/Alan_Couzens/benchmarking
http://www.endurancecorner.com/Alan_Couzens/benchmarking2

This method does not require exhausting testing procedures.

Copied from the original article linked above:

Here are the formulae that I use to calculate a VO2 score from a given training session.

Bike: (W/75*1000/BW)/((THR-RHR)/(MHR-RHR))
Run: (210/P)/((THR-RHR)/(MHR-RHR))

Where:

  • W = Power of the session in watts (norm.)
  • P = Pace of the session in min/km (flat/norm.)
  • BW = Bodyweight in kg
  • THR = Training heart rate in bpm
  • MHR = Max heart rate in bpm
  • RHR = Resting heart rate in bpm

Feasible or not, I wonder if it could be integrated into GC?