VDOT discrepancy - website vs GC.

Ron George

Jun 23, 2017, 4:16:59 PM6/23/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Ale,

I'm seeing a difference in magnitude of VDOT values between Daniel's website and the inbuilt VDOT metric in GC for the same distance and time. This was for a HM.

I cant explain why they differ by 4.5 points which is a pretty big deal. Any ideas?

Ale Martinez

Jun 23, 2017, 5:50:41 PM6/23/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Ron, if you enter the same data on GC VDOT Calculator the result is the same:

The VDOT metric is computed from meanmax speed data and the likely cause for the discrepancy is the speed channel data imported from your device not matching distance&time, you can try to fix this using Edit > Fix Speed from Distance tool

Ron George

Jun 23, 2017, 9:06:08 PM6/23/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Tried the tool. It kept thinking for a while and application was frozen. After that, VDOT still shows the erronous 44.

Ale Martinez

Jun 26, 2017, 10:42:13 AM6/26/17
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 23 de junio de 2017, 22:06:08 (UTC-3), Ron George escribió:
Tried the tool. It kept thinking for a while and application was frozen. After that, VDOT still shows the erronous 44.
It's weird, and probably unrelated, Fix Speed from Distance is a very simple and fast tool.
OTOH, If the problem is the speed channel as I believe, it will persist until the data are fixed, you can see if this is the case looking at the CV chart for that activity.