Error with Export metrics as CVS, the average power is different in the CVS file than in Golden Cheetah.

Alex

Mar 9, 2018, 4:00:19 AM3/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello,

I am watching an error with export metrics as CVS file inside Tools menu. The average power value exported in the CVS file is different than the original value showed in Golden Cheetah application.

I only have one activity in my Golden Cheetah user that show next values with a 188 power watts value:

But when I export metrics as CVS file I get a different average power value of 193.86:

Investing over BasicRideMetrics.cpp class I have seen that the algorithm is the next:

struct AvgPower : public RideMetric {

void compute(RideItem *item, Specification spec, const QHash<QString,RideMetric*> &) {

        total = count = 0;

        RideFileIterator it(item->ride(), spec);

        while (it.hasNext()) {

            struct RideFilePoint *point = it.next();

            if (point->watts >= 0.0) {

                total += point->watts;

                ++count;

            }

        }

        setValue(count > 0 ? total / count : 0);

        setCount(count);

    }

So I have sum power data values in showed in Edit tab:

and I get a total power value of 581657 that I divide by 3095 as the algorithm does so I get the average power of 187,93. This is the value showed in the summary tab, I don't understand how the average power of 193.86 is generated.

By other hand Garmin Connect and Training Peaks throw me a 194 average power value so this value is well calculated but I don't understand how Golden Cheetah generate this.

Best regards.

Ale Martinez

Mar 9, 2018, 6:34:04 AM3/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 9 de marzo de 2018, 6:00:19 (UTC-3), Alex escribió:
Hello,

I am watching an error with export metrics as CVS file inside Tools menu. The average power value exported in the CVS file is different than the original value showed in Golden Cheetah application.

I only have one activity in my Golden Cheetah user that show next values with a 188 power watts value:

But when I export metrics as CVS file I get a different average power value of 193.86:

Column AI shows Average Power 187.934

Alex

Mar 9, 2018, 7:28:19 AM3/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users
You're right. I was watching Average aPower instead Average Power, I didn't see it. Thanks!