Possibility for adding blood lactace data into ride data

Karl-Axel Zander

Jan 2, 2017, 3:35:24 PM1/2/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi!

Was thinking on the possibility to (manually) add lactate data into GC ride files from a consumer mesaurment device like the Lactate Scout. Would be great to be able to perform various lactate testing - like measure the aerobic & anaerobic threshold in a lactate test - and keep all the data in GC without the need of involving additional software for such (for me seeming like) a basic task as manually inputing the data points with time stamp and plotting it onto a graph.

Maybe this is theoretically possible to do already in some way with some GC-skills? When I open the Edit-tab on a ride, I see this new (for v3.4?) XData option. I figured it might be something about adding a column in the ride data, but unsure how it's used if so? Would be happy for an explanation, or refering to documentation (had a hard time searching on that).

Otherwise a future "supported" way of doing this would be a great idea I think, like a option in the Edit-menu where a window pop up for inputing this data. Lactate measuring devices isn't THAT expensive (compared to other cycling equipment..) and is not for the clinics only now days - it could be a good investment even for the enthusiastic recreational cyclists that like to accurately track development and plan traning sessions in the dark snowy indoor season

Cheers

Mark Liversedge

Jan 2, 2017, 3:51:19 PM1/2/17
to golden-cheetah-users
On Monday, 2 January 2017 20:35:24 UTC, Karl-Axel Zander wrote:
Hi!

Was thinking on the possibility to (manually) add lactate data into GC ride files from a consumer mesaurment device like the Lactate Scout. Would be great to be able to perform various lactate testing - like measure the aerobic & anaerobic threshold in a lactate test - and keep all the data in GC without the need of involving additional software for such (for me seeming like) a basic task as manually inputing the data points with time stamp and plotting it onto a graph.

Add new series of data using XData - click the Icon in the Editor toolbar. You  can give the XDATA a name e.g. LACTATE and add the names and units for the series you want to add e.g. LT and mmoL. You will get a new tab where you can add rows (right click on the row number / top left) and then type in values.

If you go to about 4:00 in the What's new in GC 3.4 you will see how to use xdata and plot in a chart.

Mark

Karl-Axel Zander

Jan 3, 2017, 5:14:17 AM1/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Oh, the "What's new in GC 3.4" video did I completely miss for some reason - it did indeed cover what I was looking for and would have answered my general question in the first place. And thanks for the additonal instructions aswell, I managed to add lactate as XData (and then plot it in the Ride-chart).

A little question, in my newly created "LACTATE" XData-sheet I get a "Distance"-column created as default. As I'm not using it, can I remove it or should I just ignore it?

Thanks very much Mark for the quick input!

Mark Liversedge

Jan 3, 2017, 8:01:50 AM1/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Just ignore it, you can't remove it, if you plot 'by distance' you'll get al values at 0 km. :)

Mark

Karl-Axel Zander

Jan 3, 2017, 9:02:27 AM1/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Alright, thanks for the clarification!

Patrick

Jan 7, 2017, 12:30:17 AM1/7/17
to golden-cheetah-users

The XData tool is very useful. Thank you for working this in. I'm trying to add some VO2 data as XData and I'm having difficulty getting the values into the editor. I've added a couple of rows but when I try to paste the values in I get a message saying the copy buffer has more rows than available. I have over 1800 rows of data for an hour ride, do I have to manually add 1800 rows or is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks

Karl-Axel Zander Persson

Sep 3, 2018, 5:57:42 AM9/3/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Found myself in this situation recently aswell wanting to paste 1000+ rows into XData from a CSV-sheet. Solved it at that moment having a AutoHotkey script looping the "Insert row"-click procedure to the exact desired amount

A relatively basic/essential functionality to be added I guess - automatically creating new rows to accommodate the copy buffer if larger, or a simple row bulk insertion option in the right-click menu. Can imagine though there might be by now a ticket created for this already?

Mark Liversedge

Sep 3, 2018, 1:04:09 PM9/3/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Send me the cvs sheet and I’ll add it to the editor. Reckon the existing paste special function could be adapted easily

Mark

Karl-Axel Zander Persson

Sep 13, 2018, 11:24:05 AM9/13/18
to golden-cheetah-users