V4 1607 Development Builds

Mark Liversedge

Jul 11, 2016, 5:11:01 AM7/11/16
to golden-cheetah-users
https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/v4.0-DEV1607

New in this build is XDATA support, ANT+ Footpod and Improved Chinese. Plus a few other things.

The XDATA concept allows you to augment raw sample data with any data you like.
  • For example, some of our academic/sports institute users have LT and VO2 measures taken during a test that they want to show alongside power, hr data.
  • For planning we want to plot the planned ERG file / workout alongside the actual workout and measure compliance.
  • Lets us easily support a whole host of other kinds of devices and data to correlate without need to update code (Aerodynamics, Environmental, Sport specific etc)
As ever, report issues in this thread.

Mark
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

art...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 1:56:12 AM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users

Hi,

was there a change at CV Charts? Looks weird in DEV1607. The Range 1sec to 1Min looks like "compressed".

cheers
Andy

Mark Liversedge

Jul 12, 2016, 2:52:21 AM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 06:56:12 UTC+1, art...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

was there a change at CV Charts? Looks weird in DEV1607. The Range 1sec to 1Min looks like "compressed".

cheers
Andy

Yes, it was listed on release text.

Mark

art...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 3:43:08 AM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016 08:52:21 UTC+2 schrieb Mark Liversedge:

Yes, it was listed on release text.

Mark

Hi Mark,

may I ask what was the reason to change it?  It is possible to switch between log and linear?

cheers
Andy

tigg...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 6:56:45 AM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users
The change is to help people with other sports (e.g. running, swimming).  For example:

- where high values for short times are likely to be misleading (e.g, because of GPS accuracy),

- where the times are not relevant (e.g. 10 second swim time in a 25m pool), and

- where there is a focus on longer durations (e.g. 400m to 42.2km+ runs) rather than very short times/distances.
Message has been deleted

SAM BUSH

Jul 12, 2016, 3:44:56 PM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark,

I don't think it's isolated to this build as I had it during the last build also (1606) but in 'TRENDS' view I seem to have multiple 'sets' of charts appearing every time I restart GC.

That is, say I have 15 charts in my Trends library, when I restarted GC today there were 4 'sets' of the same 15 charts in order from left to right eg 1,2,3...14,15,1,2,3...14,15,123...14,15 meaning I had 60 charts across the top. Previously it was creating a second 'set' and I would remove the extra charts before closing. Is this something I am doing or is it in the program? I'm not touching any of the background data.

Thanks
Sam.

Mark Liversedge

Jul 12, 2016, 3:52:31 PM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Can you post a screenshot?

Sounds like something about your setup as a very bizarre sounding issue.

Mark

SAM BUSH

Jul 12, 2016, 4:03:28 PM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users

As you can see above my first chart is the Summary chart, my last chart is supposed to be 'TSSvIF', in the second image 'TSS V IF' is followed by 'KPI Tracker' which then continues for 2 further 'sets' before finishing with 'TSSvIF' for the 3rd time.
It is strange because this time it didn't include my first 3 charts, Summary, Coggan PMC, CMM when repeating

Mark Liversedge

Jul 12, 2016, 4:15:38 PM7/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Can you remove the charts you don't want.

SAM BUSH

Jul 12, 2016, 5:21:23 PM7/12/16
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users
Yes you can, it has become a regular thing recently.
Open, upload then clean out the charts. Only this time there were more than normal.

Regards,
Samuel Bush

Sent from my iPhone

Jens

Jul 13, 2016, 5:10:11 AM7/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark, thanks for correcting .tcx export. It works great now.

Still, I have some questions regarding footpod data. Today I noticed that the speed channel came from footpod data despite having set the Garmin Fenix 3 to speed and distance from GPS. Is the footpod, if active, automatically used for speed? If I recalculate speed from distance I get GPS speed.

Jens

Mark Liversedge

Jul 13, 2016, 5:52:25 AM7/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 10:10:11 UTC+1, Jens wrote:
Still, I have some questions regarding footpod data. Today I noticed that the speed channel came from footpod data despite having set the Garmin Fenix 3 to speed and distance from GPS. Is the footpod, if active, automatically used for speed? If I recalculate speed from distance I get GPS speed.

We will import the speed data as provided, if it is missing we derive it from distance and time. If distance is missing we derive it (badly) from GPS. In this instance, I suspect Garmin have used the footpod data in preference to GPS.

Mark

Jens

Jul 13, 2016, 6:07:01 PM7/13/16
to golden-cheetah-users
It seems, that the speed channel is always fed by the footpod, regardless the setting in the Fenix3, though I can set it to use the footpod data separately for speed and/or distance. However the distance channel comes from GPS if footpod is not selected for distance and from footpod if it is selected.

What exactly is new in this build regarding the ANT+ footpod?

Mark Liversedge

Jul 14, 2016, 6:10:34 AM7/14/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 23:07:01 UTC+1, Jens wrote:
It seems, that the speed channel is always fed by the footpod, regardless the setting in the Fenix3, though I can set it to use the footpod data separately for speed and/or distance. However the distance channel comes from GPS if footpod is not selected for distance and from footpod if it is selected.

What exactly is new in this build regarding the ANT+ footpod?

You can record from a footpod in train view

Mark
Message has been deleted

Pontus

Jul 16, 2016, 12:40:20 AM7/16/16
to golden-cheetah-users
In training mode I have noticed that HR/Powerdata is sometimes not picked up, even though I toggle the On/Off button or pull out/insert the ANT-stick. Previously I have had to solve this by restarting my MacBook (only restarting GC has not been sufficient). However, by coincidence when this happened yesterday I switched to the other Athlete (my wife profile) setup in GC. In this profile the HR/Power was working fine. No workout was in progress but I am not sure was was the setting of the On/Off switch. Immediately after closing down that Athletes window HR/Power started working in my profile.

It seems a profile holds on to a handle on sensor data capturing without ever letting go. I would suggest handle is released and given to current profile whenever profile is switched.

Thanks!

jwb...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2016, 2:52:37 PM7/16/16
to golden-cheetah-users
After (auto) importing an activity, PMC is not updated anymore in this release. I don't know if it was OK in last release, but is was for sure in the May release.

Nigel Van de Velde

Jul 17, 2016, 9:25:55 AM7/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

Could it be that W1-W2-W3-W4 W'bal times for intervals are not detected properly anymore? It seems to give the respective times for the complete activity and not for the interval itself. I believe this was different in GC 3.2. See image in attachment.

In the previous development build I had issues displaying indoor rides, as I wrote down in the previous topic (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/golden-cheetah-users/0FbLL6gnByU/DrAmhiDlBQAJ)
This seems to be fixed in this build.

Kind regards,

Nigel

W'bal intervals.png

TJDunnigan

Jul 18, 2016, 9:31:18 PM7/18/16
to golden-cheetah-users
With this build, I have noticed that saved route segments (from both previous builds and now re-saved, re-named, are not kept.
(I have saved the activity after re-creating route segments (from climbs) and renaming them.

Mark Liversedge

Jul 19, 2016, 4:23:21 AM7/19/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 02:31:18 UTC+1, TJDunnigan wrote:
With this build, I have noticed that saved route segments (from both previous builds and now re-saved, re-named, are not kept.
(I have saved the activity after re-creating route segments (from climbs) and renaming them.

I'm not aware of anything changing in this regard, so this may be a local issue to your setup.

Mark

art...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 10:51:52 AM7/19/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I am running into crashes (DEV 1607 but I had it also in 1606)if I use some sport filter in Trends. But other sport filter work without problems. Its a 50-50! Any ideas?

cheers

Andy

Mark Liversedge

Jul 21, 2016, 4:55:51 AM7/21/16
to golden-cheetah-users
What does the filter look like?
Can you share it?

Mark

art...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2016, 5:10:43 AM7/21/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

sure! It is e.g. just Sport="Bike". The weird thing is, it happend not every time. I try to find out the scenario when this happend.

cheers
Andy

art...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2016, 12:13:51 PM7/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

looks like it happend only in Trends -> Summery. No Issue to use it with charts. I am running GC on a notebook and a PC and it has been just occured on the PC. I will try it with the last DevBuilds.

cheers
Andy

Nigel Van de Velde

Jul 29, 2016, 5:57:35 PM7/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I just shared a run to strava and it seemed that cadence data wasn't transferred. The cadence option was greyed out in the sharing dialogue window. Apparently I had to add an extra cadence column in the editor and copy-paste the run cadence column to the new cadence column.

Is it possible to make the run cadence data a shareable option or is this some sort of a Strava related issue?

Kind regards,

Nigel