How to implement the code with Xcode - GoldenCheetah.

Michele Maggio

Mar 24, 2015, 5:09:33 AM3/24/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,
I am a IOS developer, I have a question. I cloned the main project Golden Cheetah from Github, then i downloaded the suite QT from the site for the development of the project file to be included in the main project, but i can't open the main project of the QT. What i do? What are the correct steps for to development the program with Xcode?

Thank You.
Michele

Jan de Visser

Mar 24, 2015, 9:19:12 AM3/24/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
As the fellow tried to explain to you a couple of days ago (he could have used
a few more words I think):

Qt hasn't been ported to iOS. So I don't think you can compile Golden Cheetah
on iOS.

(Can you even do C++ on iOS these days? I thought it was only objective C?)

jan

Mark Liversedge

Mar 24, 2015, 11:42:57 AM3/24/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Not quite, QT does support iOS now, but we don't. http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/ios-support.html
I suspect it would be a very painful port !!!

Mark

Michele Maggio

Mar 25, 2015, 6:18:39 AM3/25/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, in my original question I didn't explain my needs enough clearly. I would like to understand what IDE I should use on Mac OS X (I was thinking about Xcode, but I could use everything else) to develop my custom integration code. I already tried to open the project with Xcode, but (even using tutorials found on the web) it doesn't seem the right choice.

Jörn R.

Mar 25, 2015, 10:31:08 AM3/25/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
QTCreator - has also a Mac Version.