All Trend Figures have gone blank - ???

Cave Dweller

Oct 17, 2016, 7:17:13 PM10/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Happened a few days ago. All of my trend chart figures have gone blank. The chart figures in the activity tab dont seem to be affected and still show.

I have tried to go view>reset layout> default and the chart data appears again, but it disappears again when I try to make changes (for example, changing the PMC method of calculation).

Thanks

GC Blank.png

Mark Liversedge

Oct 17, 2016, 7:53:32 PM10/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 00:17:13 UTC+1, Cave Dweller wrote:
Happened a few days ago. All of my trend chart figures have gone blank. The chart figures in the activity tab dont seem to be affected and still show.

I have tried to go view>reset layout> default and the chart data appears again, but it disappears again when I try to make changes (for example, changing the PMC method of calculation).

What do you mean "changing the PMC method of calculation" ?

Mark

Cave Dweller

Oct 17, 2016, 8:24:16 PM10/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
As in changing in the present section from PMC (Coggan) to PMC (Skimp).

Seems I have to add the CTL / ATL / TSB lines again in the curves section. I dont remember ever having to do that in the past. Also doesn't explain why all the charts went blank in the first place and I had to do a hard reset back to default and reset everything back the way it was.

Thanks as always to the GC crew for the software!

Mark Liversedge

Oct 18, 2016, 1:58:37 AM10/18/16
to golden-cheetah-users
You mean changing the charts on the left side.
You have downgraded from a release candidate/development build without restoring.

You need to reset the charts using the charts menu -> reset to default

Cave Dweller

Oct 18, 2016, 2:28:43 AM10/18/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Here is the screen grab of adding a new chart.  Add chart > Metric > Preset > PMC (Coggan) = gives me blank chart.

I have not downgraded GC.

I can go to third tab (Add chart > Metric > Curves) and manually add the CTL, ATL and TSB lines. But none of the preset charts are loading, only the ones that are hard coded in when I do the hard reset which I have already done before posting this.

Thanks
GC pmc.png

Ale Martinez

Oct 18, 2016, 8:41:33 AM10/18/16
to golden-cheetah-users
El martes, 18 de octubre de 2016, 3:28:43 (UTC-3), Cave Dweller escribió:
Here is the screen grab of adding a new chart.  Add chart > Metric > Preset > PMC (Coggan) = gives me blank chart.

I have not downgraded GC.

I can go to third tab (Add chart > Metric > Curves) and manually add the CTL, ATL and TSB lines. But none of the preset charts are loading, only the ones that are hard coded in when I do the hard reset which I have already done before posting this.

Reset Layout doesn't reset the chart library, you need to do a Reset to default on the Charts menu at the left sidebar, as Mark has pointed out above.

JamesA

Oct 12, 2018, 4:31:23 PM10/12/18
to golden-cheetah-users

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 8:41:33 AM UTC-4, Ale Martinez wrote:

Reset Layout doesn't reset the chart library, you need to do a Reset to default on the Charts menu at the left sidebar, as Mark has pointed out above.

Hi - 2 questions on this... 1) I presume there's no way to recover custom charts after a reset correct?  (I also assume I should have exported them first!)  And 2) I'm still not able to get ANY Trends charts from the Left margin menu to work after a reset... any suggestions?

I'm on v3.5-DEV1806 from June... everything had been working, but I recently tried to add to custom charts, one that included VAM and another that included climb rating.  Neither of these charts produced results... like they didn't work.  But afterwards I noticed that NO trend charts from the left menu work... for example I can select the PMC chart from the menu near the top of the chart window and it works, but if I select PMC(TriScore) from the left menu nothing updates (even if I try to force an update with a different date range).

I've reset to default charts twice and closed and reopened the program.  I could try to update to Dev 1810 but understand that there are already some issues on trends with that release right now.

What else should I try?

Lin

Apr 23, 2019, 9:11:32 AM4/23/19
to golden-cheetah-users
Did you ever get this sorted? I am using the latest dev release. I deleted a chart I had created. Afterwards, none of the Trend charts in the left sidebar now display/work. I restarted and no change. I "reset to default" and still no change.

Ale Martinez - No direct email please

Apr 23, 2019, 10:03:16 AM4/23/19
to golden-cheetah-users

Lin

Apr 23, 2019, 8:35:50 PM4/23/19
to golden-cheetah-users
I could not find that particular particular configuration dialog. Maybe I really have gone blind. However, using that as a clue, I did some additional googling which led me to View > Reset Layout which fixed the problem. Odd, but whatever, it is working again.

Also noticed that this apparently updated many if not all of the default charts and their settings. I suppose that one should probably do this layout reset after each upgrade.

Thanks Ale!

Ale Martinez - No direct email please

Apr 24, 2019, 9:21:03 AM4/24/19
to golden-cheetah-users
See https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_ChartTypes_Trends#curves, Reset Layout recreates the Library chart

> Also noticed that this apparently updated many if not all of the default charts and their settings. I suppose that one should probably do this layout reset after each upgrade.

That’s right but beware it also removes any customization you have done, if you want to preserve a custom chart you can save it to a .gchart file to drag&drop after Reset Layout

> Thanks Ale!

You are welcome