Not able to pair Stages cadence part of power meter

gedio...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2016, 8:58:47 AM4/15/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello,

I am using a Stages power meter with the trainingmode of Golden Cheetah. I am using the latest version of both Stages and GC.

It does pair the power, speed (garmin device) and heartrate. It does not however pair the cadence. with stages power and cadence comes from the same device, but with different ID's (like seen in the Garmin headunit, where it works fine).

I cant find solutions on internet about GC and stages power meters.

Thanks in advance.

KR Gedion

Julian Ho

May 16, 2018, 4:25:01 AM5/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,
I had a similar problem with my setup - 4iiii crank-based power meter and Garmin's combined speed and cadence meter. GC was not displaying the cadence from the power meter, but instead using the Garmin speed and cadence meter (without a magnet on the crank it was showing zero cadence).

Reading through the code, I realised the Garmin speed and cadence meter should be set as a 's' (speed only) not 'd' (speed and cadence) type device in the configglobal-trainmode.ini, so that only the speed is used from this device, otherwise this device's cadence reading will be used instead of the power meter

Regards
Julian

Tim Sinclair

May 17, 2018, 6:26:24 AM5/17/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I have this same problem with the TACX TTS 4 software. It sees my Stages Power but not the cadence (via ANT+ USB) . I use a Garmin crank mounted cadence sensor instead, which works fine.
Sadly I can't test and confirm this in GC as there don't seem to be any drivers for my Tacx Flow with Fortius T1932 head unit.
My point is simply that this 'issue' is not unique to GC.