Recording with Stages power meter and RFLKT+

Neil

Sep 1, 2015, 5:19:52 AM9/1/15
to golden-cheetah-users
I have been using Golden Cheetah 3.2 for just over a week and want to lend my voice to those who have thanked the developers for the amazing work contributed to this project, for no reward. Fantastic job, guys!

I have recently started training with a Stages power meter, and I have a RFLKT+ head unit for display of data being recorded by my iPhone.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better app to record a ride than Wahoo Fitness currently? Strava doesn't capture cadence from the power meter, and most of the other apps I've looked at are limited in one way or another.

Assuming I stick with Wahoo Fitness, it seems to me that only the csv export has the altitude and temperature data from the RFLKT+. Is it worth capturing these data in GC? If so I am quite happy to extend the csv file import to handle the Wahoo format.

One final thing - I am unable to find out what Trends -> Tracker does, as I get the windmill of death whenever I try to select it. Every other part seems to be working fine so I don't know what is going on with that. I am on Mac OS X 10.10.5.

Many thanks

Neil

Mark Liversedge

Sep 1, 2015, 8:09:07 AM9/1/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 1 September 2015 10:19:52 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
One final thing - I am unable to find out what Trends -> Tracker does, as I get the windmill of death whenever I try to select it. Every other part seems to be working fine so I don't know what is going on with that. I am on Mac OS X 10.10.5.

Is there any chance you can send a Mac OSX crash report ?

liversedge gmail com

Thanks!

Mark

Neil

Sep 2, 2015, 3:47:25 AM9/2/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hmm I looked last night to see if there was a crash log but couldn't find one. I can send the report that GC generates the next time it starts if that's any use?

Neil

Neil

Sep 2, 2015, 6:01:17 PM9/2/15
to golden-cheetah-users
OK strange.

I built GC from source and ran it, expecting to be able to pinpoint where the problem lies. But I was able to open the tracker report just fine.

So I went back to the prebuilt app and I could open the tracker but it was blank. I reset back to default layout and all is now working...

Mark Liversedge

Sep 3, 2015, 1:54:02 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Sounds like your view config was corrupted. Did you try an RC then go back to an earlier release at some point recently?

Mark

Mark Stockert

Dec 3, 2015, 4:51:42 PM12/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users
  My fitness center (Lifetime) just bought new Stages Spin bikes.  I can collect training data in CSV format from the bike using a usb memory stick.  Has anyone had success loading this data into GC?