VERSION 3.5 DEVELOPMENT BUILD 1708

Mark Liversedge

Aug 5, 2017, 11:25:48 AM8/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
There is a new development build available, which includes some extended HRV support (import from popular HRV apps, history, filter, metrics) and a fixup for R startup crashes.

As ever, please report build issues here.

Mark

John Breen

Aug 5, 2017, 3:33:27 PM8/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Is there are required minimum version of Mac OS X ?

Date/Time:       2017-08-05 14:30:56.348 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  DFED180F-4443-76E1-1FC2-30A744BAEF9D

Sleep/Wake UUID: D071E2B5-B150-4874-9673-B6B9B3A19307

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreBluetooth.framework/Versions/A/CoreBluetooth
  Reason: image not found

Mark Liversedge

Aug 5, 2017, 4:03:36 PM8/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes, we are now building with QT 5.9.1 which needs Yosemite or higher. ie. from 10.10.
This is due to LTS and bug fixes we need.

Mark

John Breen

Aug 5, 2017, 4:13:30 PM8/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you... didn't see that in the release notes.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 6, 2017, 3:45:19 AM8/6/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes, I hadn't considered it or noticed.
Is there a reason you are staying on Mavericks?

Mark

Nigel Van de Velde

Aug 7, 2017, 9:20:24 AM8/7/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Any Linux builds planned for this release?
I tried to build myself using the "Install-Linux" readme, but didn't succeed.

Kind regards,

Nigel

Mark Liversedge

Aug 7, 2017, 9:35:32 AM8/7/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes, they are being worked on.

Mark

Nigel Van de Velde

Aug 8, 2017, 3:13:35 PM8/8/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I'm getting a segmentation fault when trying to run the linux build. Removed the previous 1705 build and associated folders in advance.

Below you can find the gdb backtrace:

Reading symbols from GoldenCheetah...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/GoldenCheetah
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7fffdd8c8700 (LWP 5809)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd2a6d700 (LWP 5810)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd226c700 (LWP 5811)]
QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.

Thread 1 "GoldenCheetah" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00000000004b615f in RGraphicsDevice::Close(_DevDesc*) ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000004b615f in RGraphicsDevice::Close(_DevDesc*) ()
#1  0x00007fffcaa95f36 in Rf_selectDevice () from /usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so
#2  0x00000000004b7b2f in RGraphicsDevice::createGD() ()
#3  0x000000000049f287 in RTool::RTool() ()
#4  0x0000000000472eb5 in main ()

 Kind regards,

Nigel

Mark Liversedge

Aug 9, 2017, 1:33:35 AM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
What version of R are you running?

Nigel Van de Velde

Aug 9, 2017, 9:54:07 AM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I had 3.2.3, upgraded to 3.4.1 and problem seems to be solved.

Thanks!

Nigel

El Duderino

Aug 9, 2017, 12:49:36 PM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello,

whwn I download an activity from Strava there is a missmatch missmatch beetween the laps in Strava which fit to the laps I manually set during the activity and the laps I get in GC. I attached to pictures which hopefully shows the issue.

Greets

Ale Martinez

Aug 9, 2017, 1:00:52 PM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
There is a known issue when Strava data have gaps in recording, see: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues/2505

Will

Aug 9, 2017, 7:51:26 PM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I just wanted to point out that the lap chime for CRS files works great! Thanks!

Will

Salvatore Taibi

Aug 9, 2017, 9:22:21 PM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Anyone else having problems with the Linux build? I've tried installing it on Ubuntu 16.04, but not only won't it open, but now I can't open any of the versions. Not sure what the heck I'm doing.

Ale Martinez

Aug 9, 2017, 9:41:02 PM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I had the same problem Nigel reported above, starting with --no-R made no difference, and only installing the last version of R solved it,

Salvatore Taibi

Aug 9, 2017, 9:46:48 PM8/9/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I just reloaded 3.5-DEV1705X and it's back up and running. I will try updating R and giving it a go. Thanks!

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 3:41:02 PM UTC-10, Ale Martinez wrote:
I had the same problem Nigel reported above, starting with --no-R made no difference, and only installing the last version of R solved it,-

Mark Liversedge

Aug 10, 2017, 3:54:14 AM8/10/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Did you try --no-r ? (lower case)

I will take another look, I thought I'd fixed this. But maybe not !

Mark

Jon Escombe

Aug 10, 2017, 4:12:29 AM8/10/17
to Will, golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Will,

Have to confess that I introduced a crash when starting a manual slope
mode workout (and probably manual erg also). Unfortunately I didn't
notice until after this development build went out - so is fixed in
master but not in this release.

Cheers,
Jon

Ale Martinez

Aug 10, 2017, 9:11:58 AM8/10/17
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 10 de agosto de 2017, 4:54:14 (UTC-3), Mark Liversedge escribió:
Did you try --no-r ? (lower case)
Not before the R upgrade :(

But the problem also happen the other way around: my own build compiled when the installed version of R was 3.2.3 fails in the same way if I run it now with R version 3.4.1, running with --no-r works.

Ale Martinez

Aug 10, 2017, 9:43:50 AM8/10/17
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 10 de agosto de 2017, 10:11:58 (UTC-3), Ale Martinez escribió:
But the problem also happen the other way around: my own build compiled when the installed version of R was 3.2.3 fails in the same way if I run it now with R version 3.4.1, running with --no-r works.
Recompiling the R-related components makes my build to work again with R, so the problem sees reproducible when the R version used to build is different from the one at execution time.

holop...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2017, 4:24:07 AM8/11/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi - I can't add Strava to the list of accounts on Linux. Adding the token fails upon granting access after logging in. It works on Windows 10.
Please let me know what kind of logs would be useful to debug.

Nigel Van de Velde

Aug 15, 2017, 9:07:37 AM8/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Two small things I noticed so far in the linux build:

1. It seems harder to grab a column edge (when resizing columns) or a slider (in the activity pane).

2. Strava activity titles are no longer copied into notes when importing.

Everything else I am using seems to work as before.

Serban Mestecaneanu

Aug 15, 2017, 3:06:04 PM8/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Could someone tell me how I have to edit the HRV4Training CSV file to succesfully import it?

I have deleted the empty and unnecessary columns but still get unknown header error.

I am attaching the original CSV exported, actually a part of it to see...

Thanks,
Serban
2017_8_15_myMeasurements5.csv

Ale Martinez

Aug 15, 2017, 5:46:11 PM8/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
The supported columns are enumerated and described in the example linked at the wiki (https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/blob/master/doc/user/hrvmeasures-format.txt), the names match when the default simple test is selected, since you seem to be using the orthostatic test you will need to rename the columns removing the _lying part and remove the unsupported columns.

Serban Mestecaneanu

Aug 16, 2017, 2:54:41 AM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Ale,

I am still doing something wrong but not sure what - getting the header error -  See what headers I have now in the attachment. Could you check what am I doing different?

Thanks,
Serban
2017_8_16_myMeasurements excelled3.csv

Matthias

Aug 16, 2017, 4:20:14 AM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Serban,

i´ve written a small tool in c# which converts the HRV4Training file to the GC expected format. If needed I can send it to you.

Mat

Ale Martinez

Aug 16, 2017, 9:02:56 AM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Lines end with just CR instead of LF or CRLF so the whole file is taken as 1 line, fixed this timestamp_measure is unrecognized, it should be timestamp_measurement.

Serban Mestecaneanu

Aug 16, 2017, 12:03:49 PM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users

What about this one, could you please have a look?

If this is also not good, could you please tell me your workflow on your Mac? I have tried Excell and Numbers (on MACOS), they both seem to not working, I guess there is something that has to be done at the save stage as CSV.

Thanks

2017_8_16_myMeasurements numbers.csv

Manuel Oberti

Aug 16, 2017, 1:43:48 PM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
The second column.....hr not rmssd

Serban Mestecaneanu

Aug 16, 2017, 1:46:06 PM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Tried that also Manuel, it is the format of the file.

On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 20:43:48 UTC+3, Manuel Oberti wrote:
The second column.....hr not rmssd
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Matthias

Aug 16, 2017, 2:34:21 PM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello Manuel,
Hello Sebran,

here is a Windows Tool to convert a CSV file from HRV4Traing to the GC Format. This Tool works for me very well. I can´t upload it here but you can try the following link to my dropbox folder

Usage:
The tool searches for the dropbox folder and selects the file from the current date or you can browse. It converts the File to a ew file with underscore. The file with underscon can be imported in GC.

Mat
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Serban Mestecaneanu

Aug 16, 2017, 4:43:03 PM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
After probably more than an hour trying to figure it out, I have found the solution. Both Numbers and Excell where replacing commas with ; after I edited the file according to the requiremements.

So I had to open the CSV file (after Numbers or Excell) in TextEdit and put back the commas and it worked.

Manuel Oberti

Aug 17, 2017, 1:43:12 PM8/17/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Matthias

Manuel Oberti

Aug 18, 2017, 3:06:07 AM8/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Matthias , your file don't work....
Do I have to install some library to run it ??

I use win7

Matthias

Aug 18, 2017, 3:11:14 AM8/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Manuel,

the tool depends on the .net Framework 4.6.1 I think it should be on your Windows 7 System or you can install it from the MS Web-Site.

Matthias

Manuel Oberti

Aug 18, 2017, 5:22:13 AM8/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Matthias,
now it work.....Must also be installed dropbox for windows otherwise it will not work

Is not possible create a version for a locale file if I don't use dropbox but i send the HRV4Training file via email ??

THANKS MATTHIAS

Matthias

Aug 18, 2017, 5:29:06 AM8/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Manuel,

try browse and select the file from the eMail and press convert.

Matthias

Nigel Van de Velde

Aug 21, 2017, 9:21:23 AM8/21/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

Another small issue on the linux build on my system. I can't scroll through my activities using the keyboard arrows when the activity summary (the old text based summary) is showing. When another chart is displayed I can scroll using the arrows.

Kind regards,

Nigel

Ale Martinez

Aug 21, 2017, 10:41:45 AM8/21/17
to golden-cheetah-users
For the next development build the parsing of HRV CSV files will be more flexible so the different variants generated by HRV4Training app will load directly without changes, if anyone is using Elite HRV or another popular App please upload sample files so we can do the same, thanks.

Manuel Oberti

Aug 21, 2017, 2:49:51 PM8/21/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Great news THANKS

Steven Groves

Aug 30, 2017, 3:43:12 PM8/30/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Cannot install the linux build on Debian.

goldencheetah depends on libgstreamer0.10-0; however:
  Package libgstreamer0.10-0 is not installed.
 goldencheetah depends on libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0; however:
  Package libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 is not installed.

Debian has libgstreamer1.0-0 and libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0

Ale Martinez

Sep 2, 2017, 10:45:52 AM9/2/17
to golden-cheetah-users
GStreamer 1.0-0 and 0.10-0 can coexist so it can be installed (see https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues/2571), but would be better if we can build using the current version to avoid the hassle.

Mike

Sep 3, 2017, 3:34:20 AM9/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Elite HRV format from "export" command.
!About This Export.txt
2017-07-19 07-50-42.txt

Ale Martinez

Sep 5, 2017, 5:25:09 PM9/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Mike, for the next dev build you will be able to import these files directly, see Add support for R-R txt files import (HRV) for details.

If you want to import the attached file now you could rename it to .hrm and to add the following preamble using a text editor:
[Params]
Version=106
Interval=238
Monitor=0
Date=20170719
StartTime=07:50:42.0

[HRData]
Attached is your sample file converted to .hrm
2017-07-19 07-50-42.hrm

Mike

Sep 6, 2017, 9:38:20 AM9/6/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Amazing. Thank you.
How do I know what version interval and monitor param to use for other files? Or will the same work?

Ale Martinez

Sep 6, 2017, 9:49:51 AM9/6/17
to golden-cheetah-users
El miércoles, 6 de septiembre de 2017, 10:38:20 (UTC-3), Mike escribió:
Amazing. Thank you.
How do I know what version interval and monitor param to use for other files? Or will the same work?
The same will work, only date/time should change or removed in which case GC will ask you for dat/time on import.

Simon Cirnski

Sep 10, 2017, 10:43:56 AM9/10/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi, guys.

I am trying to run the 3.5 DEV1708  on Elementary OS but with no luck. 3.4 worked like charm. But this version won't even start. Any ideas what is the problem or any possible solutions?

Thanks,
Simon

UlysseUlysse

Dec 13, 2017, 5:45:37 AM12/13/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Bonjour, pour info
erreur à l'intall de v3.5-DEV1708 sur Ubuntu 16.04,
description :
Erreur: impossible d'installer « vlc »,
Sortie lintian :
warning: tainted binary package 'GoldenCheetah', skipping, Lintian a fini avec l'état de sortie 0

Le jeudi 10 août 2017 03:22:21 UTC+2, Salvatore Taibi a écrit :
Anyone else having problems with the Linux build? I've tried installing it on Ubuntu 16.04, but not only won't it open, but now I can't open any of the versions. Not sure what the heck I'm doing.

sonka...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2018, 2:37:45 PM1/11/18
to golden-cheetah-users
a little bit to play from elitehrv ;)
2017-10-30 04-42-27.txt
2017-11-01 11-41-51.txt
2017-11-01 18-47-33.txt
2017-11-01 18-49-41.txt
2017-11-02 14-50-36.txt
2017-11-03 01-06-10.txt
2017-11-04 10-57-38.txt
2017-11-05 10-41-40.txt
2017-11-08 06-19-55.txt
2017-11-08 07-12-25.txt
2017-11-10 07-23-17.txt
2017-10-30 04-46-54.txt
2017-11-11 07-28-45.txt
2017-11-12 03-53-29.txt
2017-11-15 06-06-01.txt
2017-11-18 07-23-27.txt
2017-11-19 08-26-33.txt
2017-11-20 08-22-19.txt
2017-11-21 08-46-39.txt
2017-11-22 08-46-26.txt
2017-11-25 08-54-53.txt
2017-11-27 10-01-42.txt
2017-10-30 04-50-49.txt
2017-11-28 13-30-34.txt
2017-12-01 12-48-20.txt
2017-12-03 12-51-02.txt
2017-12-05 08-44-40.txt
2017-12-16 08-03-02.txt
2017-12-19 06-06-18.txt
2017-12-23 08-36-40.txt
2017-12-24 08-12-38.txt
2018-01-11 02-19-53.txt
2017-10-30 10-09-08.txt
2017-10-31 03-46-45.txt
2017-10-31 10-35-44.txt
2017-10-31 10-41-20.txt
2017-11-01 02-46-47.txt
2017-11-01 06-27-18.txt

Ale Martinez

Jan 11, 2018, 3:55:12 PM1/11/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Have you tried to import them using the last dev build? They should work on 1710