multiple devices in train view

Tom Weichmann

Jan 22, 2015, 8:38:01 AM1/22/15
to GoldenCheetahGroup
Guys,

I have an USB2 ANT+ stick so I have 8 channels of ANT+ data I can receive at one. I see that GC allows multiple devices to be used in train view.  Is it possible to show multi power meters at once?

Basically I have 8 guys all on trainers who all want to see their power numbers all on one screen shown above a video playing.  So I constructed this layout with 8 power displays and a video player:

Inline-Bild 1

Problem is that there seems to be no way to select different power channels for display.  Am I missing something or is this just how it is currently setup?

Thanks,

Tom Weichmann

Jan 27, 2015, 5:01:23 PM1/27/15
to GoldenCheetahGroup
Anyone know if it is possible to show 2 or more powermeters in trainview.?

Jon Escombe

Jan 27, 2015, 6:57:45 PM1/27/15
to tomm...@gmail.com, GoldenCheetahGroup
Hi,

You can pair two, and one will show up as AltPower. I believe that's
your limit though..

When I last used this, it didn't get recorded. I *think* the train mode
CSV format might have changed since then, so not sure whether this is
still be the case? (At the time I just bodged it into the CSV output as
an additional column, and then used it in a spreadsheet).

Regards,
Jon

Tom Weichmann

Jan 28, 2015, 7:08:42 AM1/28/15
to Jon Escombe, GoldenCheetahGroup
Hi Jon,

Cool, thanks.  Yeah,I have no need for train view to actually record anything - and actually I wish it would ask me it I wanted to save the file before it dumped it into my list.  I just want to show everyone's power from my group.  I see the limitation now.  Appreciate the help.

Tom

G Coco

Jan 28, 2015, 12:26:50 PM1/28/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, jesc...@googlemail.com, tomm...@gmail.com
Actually with the next release you will have the ability to *not* save a training session once complete.

Tom Weichmann

Jan 28, 2015, 4:13:05 PM1/28/15
to G Coco, GoldenCheetahGroup, jesc...@googlemail.com
Awesome!

I know it is low on the priority list, but I'd love it if we could add in the ability to show 8 powermeters i.e. add in altpower2, altpower3... altpower7.

Thanks,

Tom

christian briand

Sep 2, 2015, 1:41:32 PM9/2/15
to golden-cheetah-users, tomm...@gmail.com
I would also love to have this feature, +1 over here :)

Pete from AUS

Sep 2, 2015, 10:11:03 PM9/2/15
to golden-cheetah-users, tomm...@gmail.com
How many power devices will show in the "search ANT+ device" dialogue window?
I've used it to help guys find their ID when not paired to Garmin properly and cannot scan due to multiple devices (or check their Stages is even working)

Mark Liversedge

Sep 3, 2015, 1:52:40 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users, tomm...@gmail.com
Yeah, we need to be better at selecting from a list, how do Garmin's solve that?
I wonder if we need to scan for a few secs then offer a drop down.

Mark

Pete from AUS

Sep 3, 2015, 2:35:40 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users, tomm...@gmail.com
Garmin gives an error "Multiple Power devices found" (or words to that effect) if you try a search action.

Also (or) Garmin seems to auto-latch on to the first one it finds if it does not have an ID pre-paired (without you doing a 'search')

Mark Liversedge

Sep 3, 2015, 6:21:46 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users, tomm...@gmail.com
Oh, thats not so great.

I'll see what I can do for v3.3 -- I have 2 PMs at the moment (for the next couple of weeks at least) so should use this as an opportunity to fix this :)

Mark

Luther Gulseth

Sep 3, 2015, 7:32:45 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users
The new Garmins (Edge 1000 and 920xt for sure) pull up a list when there are multiple options. Older models have (will?) not receive this firmware update. I've configured, or watched both the 1000 and 920 in use.

In Christ crucified,
Luther

Pete from AUS

Sep 3, 2015, 8:37:10 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users
More of an enhancement than a "fix" surely? :)

Anyway I just spun the cranks on a few bikes and was able to pair to multiple speed/cadence