VERSION 3.5 DEVELOPMENT BUILD 1804

Mark Liversedge

Apr 14, 2018, 5:19:04 AM4/14/18
to golden-cheetah-users
A new development build for 3.5 is released:
https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/v3.5-DEV1804

There are Windows and macOS binaries, we will be added Linux debs and experimentally we're doing rpms too.

Main changes include:
  • OpenData project
  • Tacx iMagic support
  • Deprecate TrainingPeaks trademarks
  • Deprecate Bing Map
  • Improved Event/Season settings
  • Fix Nokia/Withings Download
  • Fix ErgDB Download
  • Fix PD Estimator crashes
  • Python Scripts in User Metrics
  • Improve Strava and SportTracks data resampling

We are still on target to enter a full release cycling during May/June with a view to release just before the Tour de France.

Any issues specifically with the build should be posted here.

Mark

Tony

Apr 14, 2018, 8:21:36 AM4/14/18
to golden-cheetah-users
What will happen to my custom charts that use Training Peaks trademarks?

Mark Liversedge

Apr 14, 2018, 8:34:54 AM4/14/18
to golden-cheetah-users
We added compatibility for old charts- they will continue to work. This includes R and Python charts, metrics, data filters.

If you create a new chart then the metrics are renamed:
TSS -> BikeStress
IF -> BikeIntensity
NP -> IsoPower

If you're desperate to use the trademarked names then you can specify  whatever name you like for a curve in a metrics chart -or- just create a user metric with the names you like.

Mark

Tony

Apr 14, 2018, 10:32:50 PM4/14/18
to golden-cheetah-users
excellent

Thomas Locke

Apr 15, 2018, 12:45:21 PM4/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

Thanks for this.

Still having issues with adding my Nokia account.

I can log in, then it asks me to choose my user ID (there are two accounts associated with that account) then when I click the name I get a window with the message "Client id not authorized", the heading of that window is OAuth.

I've tried deleting the other user on the account but same error.

Is this an issue others are having?

Thanks

Thom

art...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2018, 11:44:06 PM4/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

GC have been crashed at start a couple of times. Log and dmp files attached.

Thanks and cheers
Andy
GoldenCheetah.zip

Mark Liversedge

Apr 16, 2018, 2:54:17 AM4/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
What was it doing when the crash occurred?
- computing metrics (progress bar left to right at top of window)
- checking for new rides (popup sidebar 'Last 30 days'
- all above had just finished ...

Mark

art...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2018, 5:37:51 AM4/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

the loading of cache was completed but the GUI was not visible,yet.

cheers

Andy

Mark Liversedge

Apr 16, 2018, 6:03:32 AM4/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Are you behind a web proxy / at work behind a corporate firewall ?

Mark

art...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2018, 7:59:15 AM4/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
No, thats my private PC where this happend.

cheers
Andy

Thomas Locke

Apr 16, 2018, 3:55:15 PM4/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
No using this at home. Tried again with mac os Firewall turned off and still getting same error.

Thanks

Thom

Mats Lindberg

Apr 18, 2018, 4:09:24 PM4/18/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Actually I think I figured it out myself, but perhaps the info could be usefull for others

I added a new Data Field under metrics that is named BikeStress
As you mentioned below that is the new naming for TSS
Editing this value makes the PMC graph update correctly

Followed this guide for adding the metric field:

/Mats

Phil

Apr 19, 2018, 6:59:17 AM4/19/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi!
 with the latest developer build (but also on 1802) I have a problem with an annual chart

Under "Trends" I have created a new chart, preset from "PMC (Coggan)" and in the settings I choose as data range "This year prior 0"

the problem is when I close GC, next time I open up the view is with data range "This week prior 0"

thanks
Phil

Ale Martinez

Apr 19, 2018, 4:37:29 PM4/19/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Note for Linux users:
In this release we are adding new experimental builds, 2 for Fedora:
  • Fedora 25 RPM - without Python integration
  • Fedora 27 RPM - Including Python 3.6 integration
And a portable (see https://appimage.org/ for details)
  • Linux x86-64 AppImage
This one was generated and tested on Ubuntu 16.04 and also minimally tested on Ubuntu 17.10.

I doesn't work on 14.04 or older versions but it should work on other recent 64bit versions too.

Testing and feedback is welcome

There is no installation nor root permissions involved,
just download the file to a proper directory, give it execute permissions and run it:

chmod a+x GoldenCheetah_v3.5-DEV1804-x86_64.AppImage
./GoldenCheetah_v3.5-DEV1804-x86_64.AppImage

For example:
./GoldenCheetah_v3.5-DEV1804-x86_64.AppImage --version
GoldenCheetah DEV-V3.5 1804 (3966)
usage
: GoldenCheetah [[directory] athlete]

--help or --version to print this message and exit
--server            to run as an API server
--debug             to turn on redirection of messages to goldencheetah.log [debug build]
--clouddbcurator    to add CloudDB curator specific functions to the menus
--no-python         to disable Python startup
--no-r              to disable R startup

Specify the folder and/or athlete to open on startup
If no parameters are passed it will reopen the last athlete.

If you want to enable python integration you need Python 3.6 and to install the SIP package.

Mike

Apr 19, 2018, 10:36:32 PM4/19/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Nice! Thanks for the linux builds.
I will try the appimagine over the next week on 16.04.4.

Nigel Van de Velde

Apr 24, 2018, 6:57:50 AM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I just tried the .appimage build on Linux Mint 17.2. Everything seemed to work fine.

I got Python charts working as well:
- Installed Python3.6 from this PPA: ppa:jonathanf/python-3.6
- Checked the "Enable Python" box in GC's options, left "Python Home" empty
- Downloaded a Python chart to test (the extended cp chart in the database)
- Installed the missing modules that show up in the console via following terminal code: python3.6 -m pip install [missing module name].

The chart loaded fine afterwards. Selecting a filter however didn't change anything to the chart. Is this not supposed to happen in Python charts? Selecting a date range works out fine.

Kind regards,

Nigel

Ale Martinez

Apr 24, 2018, 1:07:43 PM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
El martes, 24 de abril de 2018, 7:57:50 (UTC-3), Nigel Van de Velde escribió:
Hi,

I just tried the .appimage build on Linux Mint 17.2. Everything seemed to work fine.

Good to know, thanks for the feedback!

I got Python charts working as well:
- Installed Python3.6 from this PPA: ppa:jonathanf/python-3.6
- Checked the "Enable Python" box in GC's options, left "Python Home" empty
- Downloaded a Python chart to test (the extended cp chart in the database)
- Installed the missing modules that show up in the console via following terminal code: python3.6 -m pip install [missing module name].

The chart loaded fine afterwards. Selecting a filter however didn't change anything to the chart. Is this not supposed to happen in Python charts? Selecting a date range works out fine.
That part of the code is similar to the R chart and it should run the script on sidebar and home filter changes, I will give it a look.

Erik Botö

Apr 30, 2018, 3:06:28 AM4/30/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I really like the AppImage delivery, I used to always build my own versions but it's a bit inconvenient to set up my own API keys for everything.

I'm testing it on Debian SID, and noticed that I had to build my own openssl 1.0.1 (instead of systems 1.1.0) and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the 1.0.1 version in order to get e.g. Strava sync working. Maybe openssl can be bundled as well in the future? I'm guessing this might be a common issue.

Will let you know if I find any more feedback!

Cheers,
Erik

Erik Botö

Apr 30, 2018, 3:32:36 AM4/30/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Oh, I was a bit too fast on thinking I solved the openssl issue.

Also it seems like openssl 1.0.0 is actually shipped in the AppImage, but I still get "qt.network.ssl: Incompatible version of OpenSSL" when trying to sync with Strava. Can anyone confirm this is working on another host OS?

Cheers,
Erik

Piotrek Omglol

May 1, 2018, 6:25:58 AM5/1/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I'm having issues related to SSL on Arch Linux on two computers. I have installed two versions of openssl:

% yaourt -Q | grep ssl                                                                                              18-05-01 - 11:22:22
multilib/lib32-openssl 1:1.1.0.h-1
core/openssl 1.1.0.h-1
core/openssl-1.0 1.0.2.o-1
extra/perl-io-socket-ssl 2.055-1
extra/perl-net-ssleay 1.85-1

When I try to add dropbox account I get:

qt.network.ssl: Incompatible version of OpenSSL

% ./GoldenCheetah_v3.5-DEV1804-x86_64.AppImage                                                                      18-05-01 - 11:21:01
Python loaded [3.6.5 (default, Mar 29 2018, 03:28:50)  [GCC 5.4.0 20160609]]
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_num_locks
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_set_id_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_set_locking_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve ERR_free_strings
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_new_null
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_push
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_free
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_num
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_pop_free
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_value
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_library_init
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_load_error_strings
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get_ex_new_index
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv3_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv23_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv3_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv23_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve X509_STORE_CTX_get_chain
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLeay
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLeay_version
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLeay
qt.network.ssl: Incompatible version of OpenSSL
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
We got a connection error when networkLayerState is Unknown
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
We got a connection error when networkLayerState is Unknown

Ale Martinez

May 1, 2018, 7:37:04 PM5/1/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Erik & Piotrek, thanks for the feedback!

Effectively the AppImage has OpenSSL 1.0.0 bundled and it works with Strava on Ubuntu 17.10 which comes with OpenSSL 1.1, probably the bundled libraries are not portable across distributions, one test you could do is to auto-extract the AppImage running it with --appimage-extract option, which will create a directory named squashfs-root under current directory and replace lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 (and eventually lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0) for the corresponding ones on your systems and then run the AppRun excecutable to see what happens.

Cherk Chup

May 1, 2018, 10:30:01 PM5/1/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Are eCP, Fatigue profile those charts not supposed to work in this build?

Ale Martinez

May 2, 2018, 1:39:52 PM5/2/18
to golden-cheetah-users
El martes, 1 de mayo de 2018, 23:30:01 (UTC-3), Cherk Chup escribió:
Are eCP, Fatigue profile those charts not supposed to work in this build?

Neil McShane

May 15, 2018, 4:43:57 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Ale,

Have the AppImage working straight out of the box so to speak on Zorin OS 12.3 with no errors.

Regards Neil

Jon Beverley

May 16, 2018, 5:13:40 AM5/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I'm on Ubuntu 16 and the AppImage was working until a couple of days ago. My libssl.so is dated 18th April so I suspect a recent os update has broken it.

I have tried the extraction and replacement of the ssl and crypto files as suggested but I get the following errors when starting up -

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
We got a connection error when networkLayerState is Unknown

Ale Martinez

May 16, 2018, 12:51:19 PM5/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
El miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018, 6:13:40 (UTC-3), Jon Beverley escribió:
I'm on Ubuntu 16 and the AppImage was working until a couple of days ago. My libssl.so is dated 18th April so I suspect a recent os update has broken it.
Same here (-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 428384 Apr 18 16:58 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0) and Strava downloads are still working using the AppImage in my Ubuntu 16.04, tested today.

Jon Beverley

May 17, 2018, 4:28:04 AM5/17/18
to golden-cheetah-users
What version of OpenSSL are you running? Mine is OpenSSL 1.0.2h

Ale Martinez

May 17, 2018, 9:09:36 AM5/17/18
to golden-cheetah-users
OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016

Ale Martinez

May 17, 2018, 9:10:02 AM5/17/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Great, thanks for the feedback!

Jon Beverley

May 18, 2018, 8:52:44 AM5/18/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I have just run -

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev=1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.12

and I can now use Strava agan.

Thanks.
Message has been deleted