Access to Garmin footpod data

Jens

Jun 26, 2016, 5:31:13 AM6/26/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

it seems, that along with the recorded GPS speed, a Garmin fit or tcx file includes also the footpod data (http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Garmin_Foot_Pod_Calibration) Could we get access to this data? I'm just trying to analyze foot pod speed. First impression is, it is rather good and much smoother than GPS speed. Though I don't know, how the footpod knows (or guesses) the stride length, it really reports good speed for different stride rates and running speeds.

Jens

Mark Liversedge

Jun 26, 2016, 5:57:41 AM6/26/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Sunday, 26 June 2016 10:31:13 UTC+1, Jens wrote:
it seems, that along with the recorded GPS speed, a Garmin fit or tcx file includes also the footpod data (http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Garmin_Foot_Pod_Calibration) Could we get access to this data? I'm just trying to analyze foot pod speed. First impression is, it is rather good and much smoother than GPS speed. Though I don't know, how the footpod knows (or guesses) the stride length, it really reports good speed for different stride rates and running speeds.

We could, it would need to be stored using XDATA, which we just added to GC and our file format.
This is to support _any_ data series, recorded at any sample rate.

Mark