W' off the bike?

Francisco Rodríguez

Sep 2, 2015, 3:25:15 PM9/2/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi everyone,

I am new to power and to GC, having installed my first power meter about a month ago. I train and race triathlons, mainly in the Olimpic distance.
I have a question  for more experienced triathletes about W'. What is your desired W' at the end of the bike leg of an Oli distance triathlon (around 1 hour bike effort), to have fresh running legs? I am not expecting a figure since this is very personal, but more a qualitative assessment between a "full tank" (indicating a sub par bike performance, at least in the last part of the bike leg), and an "empty tank" (not really expecting to hear this answer)

I am assuming in longer distances (IM, 70.3) you will arrive to T2 with a full W' tank since you need to work below threshold on the bike.

What does work for you?

Thanks,

jkoch6599

Sep 3, 2015, 9:30:51 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Olympic distance is 40k right?  You're still going to be riding below CP, since it can typically be held for 20-30 minutes.

Francisco Rodríguez

Sep 3, 2015, 9:37:27 AM9/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users
well, depending on the course profile, you wil find plenty of oportunities to go beyond CP. Or you may just decide to burn a little W' approaching T2

Jaret Johnson

Sep 4, 2015, 9:49:46 AM9/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
I would think it depends on the terrain of the course you are rinding.

jaretj