PC8 .fit file that uploads okay to Strava but causes GC 3.2 to fail with "truncated file body"

PaulW

Aug 29, 2015, 3:03:55 AM8/29/15
to golden-cheetah-users

I have a ride recorded on the PC8 during which I had a flat tire that took a while to fix.  The PC8 went to sleep, when I started riding again I selected "Continue Ride" and it picked up where I left off.  When that .fit file is uploaded to Strava it works fine and the GPS track is correct.  When I upload that file to GC 3.2 it fails to upload with "Error - truncated file body".

Seems like it might be a recoverable error if it works on Strava.  File is attached.

-- P

2015_08_26_20_22_13.fit

Mark Liversedge

Aug 29, 2015, 3:11:14 AM8/29/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Paul,

I think I have fallen foul of this too, but (wrongly) assumed the PC8 had messed up.
Will look at it sometime soon.

Cheers

Mark

PaulW

Aug 30, 2015, 11:37:43 PM8/30/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Happened again today.  Ride had breaks in it but PC8 never went to sleep.  Let me know if you want the file.  That's running about 40% failure rate now for my rides...will be hard to keep my metrics correct in GC.  :-)

Mark Liversedge

Aug 31, 2015, 2:41:11 AM8/31/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Yeah, want the file. I have a PC8 and do not get any of these problems. But I don't stop when riding.

Mark