Changing "Sport":"Bike ", variable via search & replace

Frank Wechsel

Jan 14, 2017, 6:23:27 AM1/14/17
to golden-cheetah-users
The time I upload my activities into GC it detects them as Swim,Bike,Run.
Cause I want to use my own Sport variables, I do right now a batch "text search & replace" in the json file.
Is there a way to automize GC to change "Sport":"Bike ", into "Sport":"RoadBike ", by a certain rule?
Maybe for a couple of diffrent sports?

And how does GC detect if an activity is a ride, a run or a swim? Is this variable responsible for that?
Lets say I would like to make a  "Sport":"Bike ", into "Sport":"Bike Indoor", but want that also in the Trend/CP/etc. as a Ride?
Or will a "Sport":"Run Treadmill ", still be detected as a Run?

BR

Mark Liversedge

Jan 14, 2017, 6:26:07 AM1/14/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I would recommend adding a new field for sub-sport or to identify indoor vs outdoor, TT vs Road vs MTB.
sport = "Bike" is meaningful to GC (e.g. isBike)

Mark

Frank Wechsel

Jan 14, 2017, 6:52:53 AM1/14/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Thx, for the quick reply. Mark that sounds plausible! Did it that way! Think thats what you meant?

But how about it, if I would like to translate these words into german.
Lets say Bike will be Rad, Swim will be Schwimmen and Run will be Laufen.
Does GC also treats this german values like Swim, Bike and Run?

If you could upload a demo athlete folder for us, with some of your own settings, it may be easier to see how things could be set up!
In your Videos I see that you also use a buch of own Workout Codes, etc...

Ale Martinez

Jan 14, 2017, 7:40:30 AM1/14/17
to golden-cheetah-users
On Saturday, 14 January 2017 08:52:53 UTC-3, Frank Wechsel wrote:
Thx, for the quick reply. Mark that sounds plausible! Did it that way! Think thats what you meant?

But how about it, if I would like to translate these words into german.
Lets say Bike will be Rad, Swim will be Schwimmen and Run will be Laufen.
Does GC also treats this german values like Swim, Bike and Run?
Yes, but Bike is translated as  "Radfahren".

Doug Sweeney

Jan 18, 2017, 6:15:16 AM1/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
i just started with GC and uploaded a 1400 item .fitlog file and ran into the same issue of odd sport auto identifications...

check this thread out for a pretty slick find/replace feature

i had to get creative on how to define the filter to split my activities apart (ie, CX bike doesnt have cadence, Indoor workouts have no GPS track, etc).

as noted, keep Sport as Bike since thats used elsewhere.  I ended up using Workout_Code for bike type (road, mtb, cx) and Objective to discern training, race, groupride, etc