Problems with FTDI USB drivers and PowerTap in Windows 7

Moshe

Sep 24, 2010, 9:33:01 PM9/24/10
to golden-cheetah-users
I am a proud user of Golden Cheetah. I have been using it for about 8
months on Windows XP and I am hooked.

I now installed GC 1.3 on a brand new Windows 7 32-bit machine but I
am having trouble uploading my PowerTap data. GC sees my PowerTap,
starts downloading and suddenly stops in the middle without completing
the process. A subsequent attempt at downloading indicates no PT
found, as if the drivers no longer see the PowerTap.

The FTDI drivers are the latest version 2.08.02 release dated 11th
August 2010 straight from the FTDI Chip website.

I suspect the problem is with the FTDI drivers since I am also having
the same problem with CycleOps PowerAgent 7.5.1.19 on the same
machine. It starts downloading the data and abruptly stops somewhere
in the middle.

There must be others using the FTDI drivers in a Windows 7
environment. Any problems? Are you using an earlier version of the
FTDI drivers? My next step was to install GC in my Windows 7 64-bit
system but I can't get it to work on the 32-bit machine yet.

Everything still works perfectly under Windows XP.

Thank you,
Moshe

Moshe

Sep 27, 2010, 4:14:51 PM9/27/10
to golden-cheetah-users
No takers yet. Are there any users of GC and PowerTap under Windows 7?
Are you having any problems downloading PT data?

Thanks,
Moshe.

Ned Harding

Sep 27, 2010, 5:28:18 PM9/27/10
to Moshe, golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Yes I use a powertap on win 7 (x64) and it works fine for me...

Thanks,
Moshe.

Moshe

Sep 27, 2010, 5:31:45 PM9/27/10
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you Ned. Can you tell me what version of the FTDI drivers you
are using? Maybe my problems are caused by the latest release which
were not there in earlier ones...
> golden-cheetah-users@googlegroups.comhttp://groups.google.com/group/golden-cheetah-users?hl=en

Ned Harding

Sep 27, 2010, 6:35:35 PM9/27/10
to Moshe, golden-che...@googlegroups.com
The version on the dll that GC is loading on my machine is 3.1.18.0