Tacx NEO Erratic Speed in Train Mode

Brendon Soo

Jun 13, 2017, 1:32:08 AM6/13/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Need help please. Training on a Tacx NEO using the latest Golden Cheetah v3.4 app on Windows. Trouble is the speed reading constantly fluctuates down from 30km/h to 15km/h and back up to 30km/h over and over again. I've read to select unused for "speed + cadence" which successfully registers both the erratic speed and cadence but trying to get the speed only sensor fails to register. The cadence only sensor registers fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Jon Escombe

Jun 13, 2017, 4:28:33 AM6/13/17
to Brendon Soo, golden-cheetah-users
Hi Brendon,

You should get all the trainer data from just the FE-C channel (you can
set the detected power and speed+cadence channels to unused in the
pairing dialog).

Cheers,
Jon

Brendon Soo

Jun 13, 2017, 8:22:07 PM6/13/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Jon,

That fixed it and big thanks!
One note though is to leave the HR monitor paired as it won't be registered. Thanks again!

Brendon Soo

Jun 14, 2017, 2:36:20 AM6/14/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Sorry, I meant to say that the FE-C channel won't register my BT/ANT+ HR strap.
Stable speed though!!