GC train mode - questions about graphical display

Cave Dweller

Jun 15, 2017, 7:16:51 PM6/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks again for this awesome software.

1/ When in train mode I sometimes want to just use GC to record my data so I can see the trace on the screen (ie not necessarily follow a workout, maybe in manual, slope or erg mode). How can I slow down the speed the data "streaming past" in GC when just recording? What I would like to see is say the last 10 mins of data in a rolling 10 min window, this is so I could see the response of a Moxy during intervals and rest periods - is that possible? I can't find any setting to do this. At the moment it appears to be a 15sec window.

2/ Is there anyway to change the scale of the axis in the train page? The moxy data is shown on the same axis as the heart rate which goes to 200, so I can't see changes to SMo2 and ThB very clearly.

Cheers

Cave Dweller

Jun 18, 2017, 5:03:28 AM6/18/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Can't be done? I guess what I am after is the display shown by PeriPedal, maybe I just need to pay for that software.

Jon Escombe

Jun 18, 2017, 8:04:16 AM6/18/17
to Cave Dweller, golden-cheetah-users
Hi, it seems currently it's not possible.

If I understand correctly, you're wanting to change the time period for
the RealTimePlot control. Looking at the source it appears to be hard
coded (though oddly looks like it was supposed to be a 60s history, but
I agree it shows about 15s).

Best way to request a new feature is to log a feature request through
github - https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues

Regards,
Jon