Changing precision of metric displays

Mel Harbour

Sep 19, 2016, 9:52:17 AM9/19/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

When looking at (say) the summary screen of an activity, is there any way to change the configuration for what precision a given metric field is displayed to? So, for example, to display the average power to a tenth of a watt, rather than whole numbers? And would I be correct in assuming that the same configuration carries through into the trends section, so if I were to graph (say) 30 minute power from a number of sessions, that I could get it to again show the power to a higher precision?

Mel

Mark Liversedge

Sep 19, 2016, 11:51:26 AM9/19/16
to golden-cheetah-users
One way is to create a user metric that just returns a builtin metric, but specify more precision.
For average power you can even use the example you get in the dialog :)

Mark

Mel Harbour

Sep 22, 2016, 4:40:25 AM9/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
That worked nicely!

Perhaps something to consider for the future, to be able to make built in metrics at least somewhat editable?

Mark Liversedge

Sep 22, 2016, 4:50:52 AM9/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thursday, 22 September 2016 09:40:25 UTC+1, Mel Harbour wrote:
That worked nicely!

Perhaps something to consider for the future, to be able to make built in metrics at least somewhat editable?

This is pretty close, no?

We could re-implement all metrics as 'user metrics' but performance will get hit.
The other option is to use OpenCL, but the tech isn't quite ready for us on all platforms easily and for most of the metrics its not a performance gain.

Mark

Mel Harbour

Sep 22, 2016, 6:37:38 AM9/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Yeah, just feels a bit clunky that just to change something like display precision you have to create your own duplicate of something already in the system (potentially getting the underlying formula wrong in the process), and then endure having to completely close and restart the entire application. Just feels awkward, I guess.

Mel

Ale Martinez

Sep 22, 2016, 9:47:01 AM9/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
To avoid errors and reduce the overhead the builtin metric can be put in the value part, Duration or Time_Moving in the count part and remove init and sample parts.