Re: Add "cm gear" plot option to ride chart?

Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

Jun 30, 2015, 11:14:56 AM6/30/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
In version 3.2 you can plot "Gear Ratio" which measures the same phenomenon but expressed in a way independent of wheel size and length units, it can be converted multiplying by a constant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_gearing#Measuring_gear_ratios

El martes, 30 de junio de 2015, 11:36:26 (UTC-3), Greg Slocum escribió:
I'd like to add "cm gear" (cm of forward motion per crank revolution) to the ride chart. Does that really require mucking the source? If there is a plugin or scripting interface, i don't see it...

IpBike displays "cm gear" for me while riding. It doesn't matter what chainring i'm on or what cassette is installed, that number is there in front of me. It would help to see that on the ride chart while planning training sessions.

Sure, maybe "circumferential pedal velocity / forward velocity" (or related) might seem intellectually more clever, but 1) i don't have that displayed in front of me while riding, 2) my bike only has one crank length :D and 3) the effect of crank length is disputed anyways.

Is a Golden Cheetah god likely to bang this out effortlessly, or do i need to up the anaerobic tss of my brain? :D
---
Cheers!
Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

Jul 3, 2015, 12:27:32 PM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I don't know but, perhaps, the spared brain tss could be applied to build from source ;-)

El jueves, 2 de julio de 2015, 11:26:21 (UTC-3), Greg Slocum escribió:
Oh cool, no brain tss required. :D

Erm... Looks like i'm on 3.1.0 'cuz this particular system is Ubuntu... any clues when 3.2 might appear here? I'd like to see some of those other updates too. Hopefully they've fixed the 3d labels too... :D

Thanks for the reply! :)

Mark Liversedge

Jul 3, 2015, 12:31:10 PM7/3/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, diam...@gmail.com
On Thursday, 2 July 2015 15:26:21 UTC+1, Greg Slocum wrote:
Oh cool, no brain tss required. :D

Erm... Looks like i'm on 3.1.0 'cuz this particular system is Ubuntu... any clues when 3.2 might appear here? I'd like to see some of those other updates too. Hopefully they've fixed the 3d labels too... :D

Thanks for the reply! :)

Once we've tagged up a release the Debian packages will hopefully get updated, then its a case of waiting for that to be accepted into stable. It usually takes a wee while.

Mark
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted