Manual entry of TSS isn't working

Andrew Dumaresq

Apr 22, 2018, 9:52:53 AM4/22/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello,

I ride both road and mountain bike.  On the road I have a power meter and I get the PMC calcs to work fine, when I mountain bike I don't have a power meter, so I use an estimate of my total TSS for the given ride usually based off of my suffer score in strava (yes I know this is very inaccurate but it makes me feel better then recording a 0).  I would put this TSS value in the TSS box in the metric screen of the activity.  Recently this is not getting calculated in my PMC graph.  I have don't know exactly when this broke but I believe when I upgraded to v3.5-DEV1804, but it might have been the march release.

This isn't a huge issue for me, but I wanted to let the dev's know...

Thanks,

Andrew

Mark Liversedge

Apr 22, 2018, 10:12:08 AM4/22/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Brilliant, thank you. Will look into it.

Tony

Apr 23, 2018, 2:50:38 AM4/23/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I think I am also having this problem. I am suddenly without a PM and having to enter rough TSS values manually. Curioiusly though, entering a TSS of 300 for yesterdays ride is not reflected in the PMC but a prospective ride for tomorrow with a TSS of 300 does have an effect.

Mark Liversedge

Apr 23, 2018, 3:21:11 AM4/23/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Its only activity specific overrides that are not working.

Ale Martinez

Apr 23, 2018, 6:26:20 PM4/23/18
to golden-cheetah-users

A workaround to re-enable TSS override in v3.5dev18.04 is to change TSS for BikeStress (the new name for TSS) in Data Fields:

Mark Liversedge

Apr 24, 2018, 2:44:47 AM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
That will only work for new entries, not old ones ?

Tony

Apr 24, 2018, 2:51:10 AM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I now have a TSS field and a BikeStress field in Activities | Details. If I sync with strava and then manually add a guestimate BikeStress my PMC behaves itself. This solves my problem.

Mark Liversedge

Apr 24, 2018, 2:55:43 AM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Ah ok.

Will still fix TSS metadata, since its embedded in the file format  !

Mark

Andrew Dumaresq

Apr 24, 2018, 10:37:27 AM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes this works... though I guess that means I'd need to go back to every workout and put this value in in place of the TSS value I was using... not a huge deal just a bit painful... I guess the question is should I do this or wait till another version?  will the fields get normalized in the future?

Mark Liversedge

Apr 24, 2018, 10:54:24 AM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
It will be fixed .. am looking into it now.

Ale Martinez

Apr 24, 2018, 3:37:20 PM4/24/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark already answered this but, if you want to normalize your previous data now, it is is possible to do that via a Data Filter formula s.t. set(BikeStress, TSS, isset(TSS))

Rory F

May 12, 2018, 6:29:36 AM5/12/18
to golden-cheetah-users
This is also happening to me.

I'm using v3.5 and even if I enter a manual TSS or a Bikescore it doesn't update my PMC.  I've seen above people say that now Bikestress is the replacement for TSS but when in my activities-details-metrics there isn't a bikestress option for me to add a manual entry.  Do I have to enable it anywhere? When I go into options and metrics I can't see Bikestress.

Mark Liversedge

May 12, 2018, 8:32:06 AM5/12/18
to golden-cheetah-users
On Saturday, 12 May 2018 11:29:36 UTC+1, Rory F wrote:
This is also happening to me.

I'm using v3.5 and even if I enter a manual TSS or a Bikescore it doesn't update my PMC.  I've seen above people say that now Bikestress is the replacement for TSS but when in my activities-details-metrics there isn't a bikestress option for me to add a manual entry.  Do I have to enable it anywhere? When I go into options and metrics I can't see Bikestress.

Its fixed in the repo, will be in the next development build.

james bush

Sep 2, 2019, 5:33:19 AM9/2/19
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi, I am still seeing this issue. Should it be fixed?

v3.5-DEV1903

james bush

Sep 2, 2019, 5:33:19 AM9/2/19
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

I'm running v3.5-dev1903 and am still seeing this issue. To summarise:

- If I manually enter TSS or BikeScore it is not reflected in PMC
- There is no option to edit BikeStress in 'Activities', 'Metric'

Am I missing somethings?

Thanks for your help,

Ale Martinez - No direct email please

Sep 2, 2019, 7:44:15 AM9/2/19