GC export tcx -> manually upload to garmin connect

Mike

Aug 15, 2017, 10:14:42 PM8/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I had a look through the wiki and the user guide but didn't see much info - and the answer could simply by "garmin changed".

When exporting to TCX and manually uploading to connect.garmin.com the activity is showing a blank, absent or 0 value for time, distance and calories.
Once in garmin connect I can manually add those in and everything then looks fine.

I will have to wait till I get home to upload the json and tcx export file.
Using GC 3.4 on mac.

Ale Martinez

Aug 15, 2017, 10:58:36 PM8/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I think the problem is the lack of summary metrics which was fixed in https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/commit/a3ec10a298977e5d3fee87706a76e28ef3bcb390, it should work using the last dev built

Mike

Aug 16, 2017, 3:41:36 AM8/16/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I'll check out the dev builds. Thanks!

Mike

Sep 4, 2017, 7:02:55 AM9/4/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Garmin connect rejects the new tcx export format. :(

One of your files was not accepted by the system. Please contact Support for assistance.

Ale Martinez

Sep 4, 2017, 6:08:23 PM9/4/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I could reproduce this error and noted the last change added a new Creator element like this:

            <Creator>

<Name>Unknown FIT Device 0:0</Name>

</Creator>

removing this element using an editor allowed me to load the file to Garmin Connect, can you try to see if the problem is the same in your case?

Mike

Sep 30, 2017, 7:10:32 AM9/30/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Finally got around to this. Works a treat after removing the creator field. Thanks