Golden Cheetah rides linked to Strava

Daniel Brogan

May 10, 2018, 4:50:15 PM5/10/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Does GC record any kind of link from a ride to the corresponding ride on Strava, such as the activity ID or a URL?

Mark Liversedge

May 11, 2018, 3:29:59 AM5/11/18
to golden-cheetah-users
No. Its something I'd like to add at some point so we can re-sync when things change, but not in this release.

Sorry,

Damien Grauser

May 11, 2018, 12:40:34 PM5/11/18
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users
We had the activity id in ride metadata then the Strava API changed and we only had upload_id in the response and have to request again later to have the activity id. But according to the documentation it seems we may have the id again.
I will check and add it again in metadata.

Damien

Jon Beverley

May 15, 2018, 8:02:37 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Is it just me or has the Strava sync stopped working in the last few days?

Mark Liversedge

May 15, 2018, 8:57:24 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 13:02:37 UTC+1, Jon Beverley wrote:
Is it just me or has the Strava sync stopped working in the last few days?

Working fine for me using the official GoldenCheetah builds...

Mark

Jon Beverley

May 15, 2018, 10:26:21 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I get a full list of activities that say they need to be uploaded even though they were downloaded from Strava in the first place , also show none to download.

If I try to upload one as a test I get "no connection" message. Are there any logs anywhere?

I'm using the GoldenCheetah_v3.5-DEV1804-x86_64.AppImage

Mark Liversedge

May 15, 2018, 10:27:49 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 15:26:21 UTC+1, Jon Beverley wrote:
I get a full list of activities that say they need to be uploaded even though they were downloaded from Strava in the first place , also show none to download.
I'm using the GoldenCheetah_v3.5-DEV1804-x86_64.AppImage

Suspect this is an SSL issue.

Jon Beverley

May 15, 2018, 11:08:06 AM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
It was working last on 12th May. I did update os packages today though so may be that removed or updated something it was relying on.

Can I get any logs?

Damien Grauser

May 15, 2018, 4:56:19 PM5/15/18
to Jon Beverley, golden-cheetah-users
Strava has rate limit (600 request by 15min).

We (GoldenCheetah) exceed this limit several time per day.

image.png
I will see with Strava if we can adjust the limit.

Damien

Mark Liversedge

May 15, 2018, 5:04:30 PM5/15/18
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 21:56:19 UTC+1, Damien wrote:
Strava has rate limit (600 request by 15min).

We (GoldenCheetah) exceed this limit several time per day.
I will see with Strava if we can adjust the limit.

Yikes! And we haven't released yet either ..................

Jon Beverley

May 16, 2018, 3:19:16 AM5/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I'm still getting the error today. Also tried it a various times yesterday so I don't think this is a rate limit issue.

Any way I can debug this? Logs or anything?

Mark Liversedge

May 16, 2018, 3:37:37 AM5/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
The only way to get logs is from a dev build. Suspect its SSL, there are some posts in this forum about how to get that working I think.
The AppImage is experimental !

Jon Beverley

May 16, 2018, 4:40:46 AM5/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Ok fair enough. I'll see what I can do.

Jon Beverley

May 18, 2018, 2:56:50 PM5/18/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I have just run -

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev=1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.12

and I can now use Strava agan.

French on Track

Aug 16, 2018, 3:47:52 AM8/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Bonjour, bonjour!
Un moyen simple (sans faire de codage!) existe-t-il aujourd'hui pour que les données Strava soient synchronisées dans GC?
Merci

Randolph Baral

Aug 16, 2018, 9:16:48 PM8/16/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Seulement avec la version 3.5 (toujours en cours de développement, je comprends).