Changing run pace zone's between road running and trail running.

Ockie Schoeman

Jun 19, 2017, 8:54:06 AM6/19/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi
I am a triathlete that competes in both on road triathlons and off-road triathlons. My pace zones for running on road is very different from my pace zones for running off-road.  Is there a way for me to set up separate pace  zones for the two so that the triscore that is calculated reflects the training load better? Thanks.

Ale Martinez

Jun 19, 2017, 9:25:12 AM6/19/17
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 19 de junio de 2017, 9:54:06 (UTC-3), Ockie Schoeman escribió:
Hi
I am a triathlete that competes in both on road triathlons and off-road triathlons. My pace zones for running on road is very different from my pace zones for running off-road.  Is there a way for me to set up separate pace  zones for the two so that the triscore that is calculated reflects the training load better? Thanks.

Ockie Schoeman

Jun 19, 2017, 12:04:30 PM6/19/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Ale.
Sorry for not being more clear. Currently I am entering CV on a day by day base, like you suggest. I was wondering if there was a way for me to add a tab in pace zones specifically for trail running like the current run and swim drop-down tabs so that I wouldn't have to manually modify my CV every time, while still keeping the automatic triscore calculations working. If there is a way to do it I would then do the same for wet-suit and non wet-suit swimming.

Ale Martinez

Jun 19, 2017, 1:19:13 PM6/19/17
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 19 de junio de 2017, 13:04:30 (UTC-3), Ockie Schoeman escribió:
Thanks Ale.
Sorry for not being more clear. Currently I am entering CV on a day by day base, like you suggest. I was wondering if there was a way for me to add a tab in pace zones specifically for trail running like the current run and swim drop-down tabs so that I wouldn't have to manually modify my CV every time, while still keeping the automatic triscore calculations working. If there is a way to do it I would then do the same for wet-suit and non wet-suit swimming.
We don't have lower granularity for Zones, but the CV/CP overriding can be automated using Defaults (https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_Preferences_Data-Fields#defaults):
  • Field: the field you use to identify your trail runs, wetsuit swims or trainer rides
  • Value: the value of the previously named field you use to identify your trail runs, wetsuit swims or trainer rides
  • Linked field: CV or CP
  • Default value: the CV/CP value you want to set for the previous condition.
When you set Field to Value (manually or on import) CV/CP will be automatically set to Default Value

Ockie Schoeman

Jun 20, 2017, 3:07:30 AM6/20/17
to golden-cheetah-users

Thanks Ale.