CP curve goes up for longer time periods

Steve Mansfield

Sep 1, 2015, 4:40:34 PM9/1/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello

Not sure if this has been asked before, and it could well be operator error, so apologies if thats the case.

When I check the CP curve, it mostly gown down and right, however it also goes up and right.

Here's a screen shot - am I doing something wrong?

TIA!

Steve

Mark Liversedge

Sep 1, 2015, 4:49:23 PM9/1/15
to golden-cheetah-users
At or near to Pmax it sometimes does that.
I don't know why.

Mark

Nigel Van de Velde

Sep 1, 2015, 4:53:18 PM9/1/15
to golden-cheetah-users
That's possible, let's take a look at following example:
10s at 1000W followed by 10s at 200W and another 10s at 1000W; Your best 20s average power = 600W, your best 30s average power = 733W
Curve goes up in that case between 20 and 30s!

Steve Mansfield

Sep 2, 2015, 4:45:08 AM9/2/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Ahhh - makes sense - thanks!