Intervals as defined segments

Pontus

Aug 12, 2017, 6:34:51 PM8/12/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Although I could not find it, I guess this qn may have been asked before:

Is there a way to define intervals so that they are treated as user created segments? E.g, I would like to compare my stats on 4x4 interval sessions. I mark the interval-section in the activity, name it (like "4x4Int"), but then I need to do a search and manually pull down all occurrences of these 4x4Int-intervals from old activities into the compare pane.

It would be great if this was supported as Segments are (auto search and populated) and even more interesting if named intervals could be analyzed in charts in Trends. When and interval is searched for the whole activity is now instead being used in charts (often distorting the anslysis)

Thanks! Pontus

Pontus

Mar 13, 2018, 7:46:56 AM3/13/18
to golden-cheetah-users
No answer on this one it seems. Does anyone have a good way of comparing only parts of multiple historic activities (e.g. named intervals within the activities), to get a more apples-to-apples comparison?

Ale Martinez

Mar 13, 2018, 8:52:33 AM3/13/18
to golden-cheetah-users
The Interval View described in https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues/537 would allow to do that, but it is not implemented yet.

Ale Martinez

Mar 13, 2018, 10:32:14 AM3/13/18
to golden-cheetah-users
(Continued)
Since the output of season.intervals is similar to season.metrics any chart plotting activity metrics using season.intervals can be easily converted to one plotting interval metrics using season.intervals, the main difference is filtering: for activities you can use GC filters or R filters, but for intervals only R filtering is available, which can use any metric and/or interval type and name.

Pontus

Mar 13, 2018, 12:52:32 PM3/13/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Great, thanks! Will start looking at plotting this in a R-chart.