Garmin Vector 2 power meter- way TOO HIGHT readings

Tevz

Feb 9, 2016, 10:24:17 AM2/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello,

I've downloaded this great piece of software reacently. I discovered that I can ride Realtime, but my Garmin Vector 2 shows very wrong readings(100000W). How can I fix this???

Thanks for any response

Mark Liversedge

Feb 9, 2016, 10:29:36 AM2/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
!

Jon is working on calibration for v4, but that is just crazy.

Mark

Claus Assmann

Feb 9, 2016, 10:52:56 AM2/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Tue, Feb 09, 2016, Tevz wrote:

> can ride Realtime, but my Garmin Vector 2 shows very wrong
> readings(100000W). How can I fix this???

Does another head unit show the expected values?

You didn't set some strange crank length, right?

Tevz

Feb 9, 2016, 11:24:20 AM2/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes my Garmin Edge 520 shows precise and constant data, and I calibrate the PM with my Edge every time.

Will

Feb 9, 2016, 2:28:28 PM2/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I have the original Vector and haven't had that problem. Is your firmware up to date?

Oriol Garrote

Mar 11, 2021, 1:14:11 PM3/11/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello, sorry for reopen this old thread but I've seen no solution on this issue anywhere.
Recently I've downloaded GC 3.6 in windows 10 and I've successfuly set up my Tacx iVector (non-smart) to train with it (unbelivable!).
I only have two annoyances:
- The power shown in the training mode is about 3.5 times the real power shown on my fenix or edge devices. I'm using Vector 2 pedals. I even thought that it was multiplying by 2 the power from Vector's and adding up the power from the iVortex, but even this the resulting power shouldn't be so high (about 290 W when my Fenix says 70 W or 350 W when it should say 170 W)
- It's so unstable that I cannot complete a 90' workout (should I downgrade to 3.5? or set up everything in Mac? I know is for another thread)

Thanks in advance

El dia dimarts, 9 de febrer de 2016 a les 20:28:28 UTC+1, Will va escriure:

Ale Martinez

Mar 11, 2021, 3:13:13 PM3/11/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 11 de marzo de 2021 a la(s) 15:14:11 UTC-3, oriol....@gmail.com escribió:
Hello, sorry for reopen this old thread but I've seen no solution on this issue anywhere.
Recently I've downloaded GC 3.6 in windows 10 and I've successfuly set up my Tacx iVector (non-smart) to train with it (unbelivable!).
I only have two annoyances:
- The power shown in the training mode is about 3.5 times the real power shown on my fenix or edge devices. I'm using Vector 2 pedals. I even thought that it was multiplying by 2 the power from Vector's and adding up the power from the iVortex, but even this the resulting power shouldn't be so high (about 290 W when my Fenix says 70 W or 350 W when it should say 170 W)

The dumb trainer option estimates power from speed based on the power curve you selected at setup, this is useful when you haven't got a power meter, since you have one the device you would need to setup is just the power meter and not the trainer, plus other sensors s.t. HR.
For speed you can use the speed sensor or enable the new option in Train preference (Simulate Speed from Power) for better results.