[ANN] SQLBoiler v3 - Generate an ORM

bit...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2018, 3:38:31 AM6/19/18
to golang-nuts

Hello golang-nuts.

Today I'm happy to announce the imminent release of sqlboiler v3. It's a database-first code generation tool to help you deal with sql-based databases.

https://github.com/volatiletech/sqlboiler/tree/v3.0.0-rc3

v3 brings sqlite3, cockroachdb, context.Context, lots of cleanup and new features. See the CHANGELOG.md for a full list (or the video below).

Note that it's still a tag so you cannot use go get until the full release into the master branch.

I've made quite a few videos to help people get comfortable with sqlboiler v3:

What's New: v3

Getting Started

Advanced Queries and Relationships

Since I haven't made very many videos, I'm very curious on which style of video appeals to people (there's slides, live-coding, and heavily post-processed), and am very interested in constructive criticism on these, please let me know if you have anything to contribute.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to ask people in the community that are using sqlboiler to reach out and let us know. Any and all information you provide will only be seen by the original sqlboiler authors and will never become public knowledge. Simply put this knowledge spurs us forward and makes us excited to work on sqlboiler, we're also very curious what it's being used for! Reply to this list if you're comfortable with it being public, or send me an e-mail directly.

Finally I'd like to thank the people who have contributed to sqlboiler over the years and the kind comments I've heard from many of our users.