Facing issues while performing clean.bash

akas...@eng.ucsd.edu

Jun 22, 2017, 5:02:58 PM6/22/17
to golang-nuts
Hi folks. I am trying to execute clean.bash but it is giving me an error like

go: open /home/ak7/go1.8/src/runtime/internal/sys/zversion.go: no such file or directory

I am on a Linux-ubuntu desktop 16.04 with bash shell running go1.8.0.;
On the other hand, make.bash does complete successfully and install go binaries into my GOROOT

Could you suggest what is it that I am missing here?

Dave Cheney

Jun 22, 2017, 6:35:21 PM6/22/17
to golang-nuts
What is the problem you are trying to solve? What problem does running clean.bash solve for you?

Ashish Kashinath

Jun 22, 2017, 6:41:08 PM6/22/17
to Dave Cheney, golang-nuts
Sorry for not mentioning that. Actually, I had rebuilt the go binaries from source. (I had put some prints in the scheduler to trace the scheduler codeflow )
So I wanted to do something like a make clean to ensure the intermediary files generated during  compilation.  This would then help me push just the required files to my remote repo.

On Jun 22, 2017 15:35, "Dave Cheney" <da...@cheney.net> wrote:
What is the problem you are trying to solve? What problem does running clean.bash solve for you?

Ashish Kashinath

Jun 22, 2017, 6:42:20 PM6/22/17
to Dave Cheney, golang-nuts
*.... intermediary files generated during compilation are cleaned. This would then help me push just the required files to my remote repo.

Thanks,

Dave Cheney

Ashish Kashinath

Jun 22, 2017, 6:46:34 PM6/22/17