[ANN] gocraft/work - background job processing backed by Redis

jno...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2016, 11:48:55 PM7/28/16
to golang-nuts

gocraft/work lets you enqueue and processes background jobs in Go. Jobs are durable and backed by Redis. Very similar to Sidekiq for Go.

It's quite fast -- easily process over 20k jobs/sec per host. I benchmarked a few competitors and this is the fastest.

Other cool features:

  • Reliable - don't lose jobs even if your process crashes.
  • Middleware on jobs -- good for metrics instrumentation, logging, etc.
  • If a job fails, it will be retried a specified number of times.
  • Schedule jobs to happen in the future.
  • Web UI to manage failed jobs and observe the system.
  • Periodic, cron-like jobs
  • Unique jobs

I'd love your feedback. Also let me know if it's missing a key feature you'd like.