Go 1.4.1 is released

Andrew Gerrand

Jan 15, 2015, 7:45:35 PM1/15/15
to golang-nuts
Hi gophers,
We've just released Go version 1.4.1, a minor point release.
This release fixes bugs in linker and the log, runtime, and syscall packages:    https://golang.org/doc/devel/release.html#go1.4.minor
You can download binary and source distributions from the Go web site:    https://golang.org/dl/
To compile from source using a Git checkout, update to the release with "git checkout go1.4.1" and build as usual.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release.
Andrew

Jun Zhang

Jan 15, 2015, 8:59:21 PM1/15/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Good news, thanks for contribution! I love golang, I love your guys!

小菜

Jan 15, 2015, 9:36:01 PM1/15/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com
good news!

在 2015年1月16日星期五 UTC+8上午8:45:35,Andrew Gerrand写道:

Peter Kleiweg

Jan 16, 2015, 4:32:09 AM1/16/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com
So, no more Mercurial?

Alex Ermolaev

Jan 16, 2015, 4:45:10 AM1/16/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Good news, thanks!

Michel Casabianca

Jan 16, 2015, 4:57:46 AM1/16/15
to Alex Ermolaev, golang-nuts
Hi Gophers,

I updated my list of GO interfaces for this release:

http://sweetohm.net/html/gointerfaces.en.html

Enjoy!

Michel Casabianca

bict...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2015, 1:42:49 PM1/16/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Is the race detector still enabled like with 1.4? was it never the case? because I'm still getting the ThreadSanitizer error with 1.4.1 amd64, although the binary does not look as fat now.

$ go version
==16523==ERROR: ThreadSanitizer failed to allocate 0x80000 (524288) bytes at address 600000000000 (errno: 12)
FATAL: ThreadSanitizer can not mmap thread trace (0x600000000000/0x000000080000->0xfffffffffffffff4)

minux

Jan 16, 2015, 6:11:02 PM1/16/15
to bict...@gmail.com, golang-nuts, Andrew Gerrand
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 1:42 PM, <bict...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is the race detector still enabled like with 1.4? was it never the case? because I'm still getting the ThreadSanitizer error with 1.4.1 amd64, although the binary does not look as fat now.
You're right. The shipped bin/go and bin/godoc are still compiled with race detector.

The mentioned linker fix in the release note has fixed the unnecessarily huge binaries
generated by race detector.

I will take a closer look. Something is definitely not working as we've expected because
looking at the makerelease code, it does seem that this shouldn't happen.

Dave Cheney

Jan 16, 2015, 6:24:58 PM1/16/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Please raise a bug so we can tag it go1.4.2

Victor Ruiz

Jan 16, 2015, 6:46:00 PM1/16/15
to Dave Cheney, golan...@googlegroups.com