go1.1beta2 released

Andrew Gerrand

Apr 8, 2013, 9:23:17 AM4/8/13
to golang-nuts
Hi Go nuts,

We have just released go1.1beta2, a test version of Go 1.1 cut from the default branch at revision d58997478ec6.

This is not a release candidate, but it should be ready for almost any purpose and there will be no significant changes other than critical bug fixes before the release.

Please help us by testing your Go programs with the new tool chain and libraries, and report any problems using the issue tracker:
    http://golang.org/issue/new

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:
    https://code.google.com/p/go/downloads/list?q=go1.1beta2

To find out what has changed, read the release notes for Go 1.1:
    http://tip.golang.org/doc/go1.1.html

Documentation for Go 1.1 is available at http://tip.golang.org/

Thanks,
Andrew

Frank Blechschmidt

Apr 12, 2013, 10:41:57 AM4/12/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

can I compile the source (https://code.google.com/p/go/downloads/detail?name=go1.1beta2.src.tar.gz&can=2&q=) for my Raspberry Pi (ARMv6)?

Best regards
Frank

Péter Szilágyi

Apr 12, 2013, 12:29:27 PM4/12/13
to Frank Blechschmidt, golang-nuts
Yes, albeit it will take 1-2 hours and you'll need to allocate enough memory for the compiler as well as swap space.

An easier solution is to go with Dave's arm builds: http://dave.cheney.net/unofficial-arm-tarballs :)

Cheers,
 Peter

Frank Blechschmidt

Apr 12, 2013, 12:39:48 PM4/12/13
to Péter Szilágyi, golang-nuts
Thanks, that's a great solution :)

Keith Rarick

Apr 13, 2013, 2:45:48 AM4/13/13
to Andrew Gerrand, golang-nuts
Heroku users, for your testing convenience, I've added a go1.1 branch
to the go buildpack. It's currently pulling beta2, and I'll continue updating
it up to the release of Go 1.1.

To use it:

$ heroku config:set
BUILDPACK_URL='https://github.com/kr/heroku-buildpack-go.git#go1.1'
$ git push heroku

Once Go 1.1 is released, I'll update the buildpack's master branch as well.

Aram Hăvărneanu

Apr 13, 2013, 11:45:15 AM4/13/13
to Péter Szilágyi, Frank Blechschmidt, golang-nuts
> Yes, albeit it will take 1-2 hours and you'll need to allocate enough memory
> for the compiler as well as swap space.

If you don't run the tests (make.bash instead of all.bash) it's a lot
faster and I remember doing it without swap.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu