The Go Language Theme Song and Fast Food Restaraunts

you...@z505.com

Oct 3, 2015, 3:06:31 PM10/3/15
to golang-nuts
I was at McDonalds recently ordering a burger. After I ordered it, they said "to stay or to go?".  I told them "Go. There's no programming language called 'stay', so stop trying to be a contrarian just for the sake of it. If and when you develop stay, then I'll take a look. But until then, stop asking me this redundant question every time I order a burger. I have work to do, I have to go. The idea that I'm going to 'stay' is absurd, to say the least."

Then security came; I didn't know McDonalds had security. They asked me what the problem was. I said "can I go now?".  They let me Go.

This "to be or not to be" stuff is getting ridiculous. Has McDonalds been paid by someone to depromote Go by adding these clever contrarian jokes in their rhetoric? What is "Stay" anyway? Who's working on this project and what problems does it solve? Every time I hear someone whisper "he's not going to stay" I think, no kidding, "stay" appears to be vaporware. Why would I migrate all my code to "stay" if there is no "stay" available for download.

There seems to be a confused musician who thinks we can choose between Go or Stay even though Stay is vaporware as far as I can tell.  His thoughts on the subject are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ

Apparently if you stay, there is double the amount of trouble, which makes sense since waiting for Stay to come about as a product is more trouble than it's worth.  Apparently McDonalds must be working on developing "stay" and when they question you at the end of the order, they are literally asking you to wait in the restaurant until it is released. So that's why I always say "Go", just in case security holds me in until Stay is ready for release, which may be never.

Let this be a warning for everyone: don't fall for their trap. Stay is contrarian vaporware.

https://www.google.ca/search?q="staylang"

108 results, none that are applicable. You are predetermined to Go.

https://i.imgflip.com/rzwyl.jpg

oju...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2015, 5:56:56 PM10/3/15
to golang-nuts, you...@z505.com
Just as a sidenote, apart from your joke: McDonald's Corporation is a Go language user. How do I know? I work for them. 8^)