收件人 golang-nuts
Is there any app, library etc. available which will monitor changes to web resources and perform actions afterwards? Something like https://thp.io/2008/urlwatch/

I found https://github.com/dustin/urlwatch but it seems to be broken and not very involved. https://golanglibs.com/top?q=broken

Thank you!

Shawn Milochik

未读,
2016年6月23日 11:04:542016/6/23
收件人 golang-nuts
What do you need it to do, specifically? Doing an http.Get on a page and storing and comparing the bytes or a hash is something you could write in under a minute. Why not just do that?

Johann Höchtl

未读,
2016年6月25日 07:51:282016/6/25
收件人 golang-nuts、Sh...@milochik.com

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016 17:04:54 UTC+2 schrieb Shawn Milochik:
What do you need it to do, specifically? Doing an http.Get on a page and storing and comparing the bytes or a hash is something you could write in under a minute. Why not just do that?

Get notified when a change happens. Your approach would certainly work but it's super-naive. Perform a Head Lookup and check the Timestamp when the resurce was changed, ETags, etc. all come to my mind to checl before downloading the whle resource. Or being able to specify a nesting level  upto which embeded resources will be fetched recursively to check for change etc.

So I think somebody else spent more time to think about that. There are services in other languages of course but I was hoping for some sort of getable service in Golang / package.

Henrik Johansson

未读,
2016年6月25日 08:41:342016/6/25
收件人 Johann Höchtl、golang-nuts、Sh...@milochik.com

Cache headers, etags etc and dynamic scheduling of re-fetch sounds useful. Why not start a little library?

Mohammad Nasirifar

未读,
2016年6月25日 09:08:132016/6/25
收件人 golan...@googlegroups.com
Btw I would like to work on it

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Mohammad Nasirifar <far.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
Btw I would like to work on it!

Mohammad Nasirifar

未读,
2016年6月25日 09:08:232016/6/25
收件人 golang-nuts、johann....@gmail.com、Sh...@milochik.com
Btw I would like to work on that!

Tamás Gulácsi

未读,
2016年6月25日 11:55:152016/6/25
收件人 golang-nuts

Tong Sun

未读,
2016年6月28日 12:18:172016/6/28
收件人 golang-nuts
Just want to get into the loop for future updates...

Will Norris

未读,
2016年6月30日 12:13:032016/6/30
收件人 Tong Sun、golang-nuts