GitHub Squash

Erik Aigner

Jun 23, 2016, 4:37:29 PM6/23/16
to golang-nuts
Since GitHub now supports squash merging branches, wouldn't it be possible to switch the Review/CL system over to GitHub?

I think this would lower the entry barrier considerably for new contributors.

Cheers,
Erik

Jakob Borg

Jun 23, 2016, 5:16:04 PM6/23/16
to Erik Aigner, golang-nuts
The GitHub pull request code review system (what you use to stare at
diffs and comment on them) is still distinctly subpar for anything
more than casual usage. I very much doubt it would fulfill most of the
Go teams requirements on code review.

//jb