Go 1.2.2 is released

Andrew Gerrand

May 5, 2014, 6:33:58 PM5/5/14
to golang-nuts
Hi,

We have just released Go version 1.2.2, a (very) minor point release.

It includes a security fix that affects the Go Tour executable included in the binary distributions. There are no changes to the main repository. For details see the release notes:

You can download binary and source distributions from a new location:
    https://code.google.com/p/go/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

To compile from source, update to the release with "hg update release" and build as usual.

If you built the tour from source, you can update it with go get:

Andrew

Adam Thomason

May 8, 2014, 6:25:55 PM5/8/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

The old download page had SHA1 checksums of all the files; are those gone for a reason?

Andrew Gerrand

May 8, 2014, 7:30:51 PM5/8/14
to Adam Thomason, golang-nuts
The old system (now deprecated) did this automatically.

We're transitioning to a new system. In the interim I did this release manually, so there were no SHA1 hashes. I've added them now.

Andrew

Gustavo Niemeyer

May 8, 2014, 11:09:16 PM5/8/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com

Hey Andrew,

Is there a way to list the new release files?  Alternatively, can we have a trivial map of version => tarball URLs somewhere, so we can make automated tools such as godeb work?

I can provide the latter myself, but would be nice to have that as part of the stock release process.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net

Andrew Gerrand

May 9, 2014, 12:09:45 AM5/9/14
to Gustavo Niemeyer, golan...@googlegroups.com
The file names are already predictable, and they will be in a predictable base URL. Is that sufficient?

The download location will change once more (to golang.org) and hopefully never again.

Andrew

Gustavo Niemeyer

May 9, 2014, 12:37:47 AM5/9/14
to Andrew Gerrand, golan...@googlegroups.com
It's doable, but it'd have to hit every N+1 minor and major release
URL to check whether it is out yet, which isn't great to say the
least.

If you can provide any kind of file list, even without metadata, I'm
happy to scrap it in a similar fashion to how it does today on the
Google Code listing.
--

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net

Andrew Gerrand

May 12, 2014, 7:11:17 PM5/12/14
to Gustavo Niemeyer, golan...@googlegroups.com
OK I think we can figure something out. Shouldn't be a big deal.