[go-nuts] Profiling goroutines

jason.桂林

Nov 29, 2015, 11:50:22 PM11/29/15
to golang-nuts

    "The goroutine blocking profile will be explained in a future post. Stay tuned."

I searched, can not found that "future post".

--
Best regards,

桂林 (Leen Gui)

Peter Waller

Mar 1, 2016, 2:06:56 PM3/1/16
to jason.桂林, golang-nuts
I've also just found that and searched, and the best thing I found was your post, Jason. I'd love to know more!

Roberto Zanotto

Mar 1, 2016, 2:19:49 PM3/1/16
to golang-nuts, gui...@gmail.com
Brad gave a talk about profiling:
https://github.com/bradfitz/talk-yapc-asia-2015/blob/master/talk.md
He runs out of time so there is just a very quick example of how to use the block profiler.
Should be enough to get you started though, it's similar to CPU profiling, it's the same tool.

Peter Waller

Mar 7, 2016, 2:48:40 PM3/7/16
to Roberto Zanotto, golang-nuts, 桂林
I've filed https://github.com/golang/go/issues/14689 since it really seems like an issue that documentation on this is not easy to find.

Along the way I did eventually find https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2014/05/10/debugging-performance-issues-in-go-programs which seems to be a useful resource. Unfortunately it was not timely though.