windows gamepad access

rbi...@cox.net

Jun 22, 2016, 12:36:56 AM6/22/16
to golang-nuts
Hi all,
    I'm just getting started with Go and, for various reasons, want to run under Windows 10.   I need to read a gamepad (x360) which is read by a Windows hid driver.  I can't find any posts here or elsewhere that give an easy explanation of how to do so.  Is there anything in the standard libraries?  or any other libraries?  or do I have to do it by calling a Win32 dll or something?
   Thanks in advance for any help.  And I apologize if this question is naive, but I am a newbie.
Alex

Egon

Jun 22, 2016, 4:16:44 AM6/22/16
to golang-nuts, rbi...@cox.net
You can use glfw or windows api directly:

+ Egon

leew...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2016, 12:47:13 PM6/22/16
to golang-nuts, rbi...@cox.net
<shameless plug> I have written a library that will do what you want, https://github.com/simulatedsimian/joystick

rbi...@cox.net

Jun 23, 2016, 10:14:19 PM6/23/16
to golang-nuts, rbi...@cox.net
Thanks, Egon and Lee, for your suggestions.   It's nice to know I actually have choices on how to proceed.  I'll be looking at both your proposals.