gopprof error message

Silvia

Nov 24, 2010, 6:11:09 PM11/24/10
to golang-nuts
Hi.
I'm trying to heap profile my application (an http server). It's the
first time I use the profiler so I'm sorry for my silly question.

While the server was running I executed this command:
# gopprof --raw http://localhost:6060/debug/pprof/heap > myfile.pprof

Then I tryed to get the corresponding call-graph and issued this
command:
# gopprof --web myfile.pprof

but I got the message:
my.pprof: header size >= 2**16

What's wrong in what I'm doing?
Thanks
Silvia

Silvia

Nov 28, 2010, 5:47:13 PM11/28/10
to golang-nuts
ok, I've got it.
If I open the profile file there's an extra line between what I think
are 2 sections of the file:
- the first section that starts with the line "--- symbol"
- the second and last that starts with the line "--- profile"
Just before the line "--- profile" there's a *strange* line: "---". If
you delete it and save the file then all is fine.

But, isn't it better not write that extra line in the profile file?

Silvia

Russ Cox

Nov 29, 2010, 1:54:17 PM11/29/10
to golan...@googlegroups.com
--raw is something inherited from the
Google perftools pprof and it sounds like
there is a bug, maybe original or maybe
introduced.

Could you file an issue on the issue tracker?

Thanks.
Russ

Baron Schwartz

Dec 8, 2013, 5:23:30 PM12/8/13