1.9 roadmap will include 12750-localization.md ?

mhh...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2017, 5:10:42 AM4/23/17
to golang-nuts
Hi,

About the roadmap of 1.9 (this one https://github.com/golang/go/milestone/49 ?)
I can t find information about this proposal.

But i see some changes about it in checkins.

Will it be included in 1.9 ?
Is there a formal document to introduce the next roadmap ?
I mean something that goes beyond the maintenance ticket list.

thanks.

Ian Lance Taylor

Apr 23, 2017, 11:32:56 AM4/23/17
to mhh...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
Issue 12750 is about a change in the golang.org/x/text repository.
The golang.org/x repositories are not part of a Go release. Those
changes will be made independently of the regular Go release schedule.

For more discussion of 1.9 see this thread on golang-dev:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/golang-dev/Dn-pfWETUrM/r-QmNZXMAQAJ .

Ian

mhh...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2017, 1:56:28 PM4/23/17
to golang-nuts, mhh...@gmail.com
Thanks, clear.

Well not so clear about /x/ packages. I suspect it is free wheel and disconnected from go releases.